Headcount for the midwest

Rats

This is just a poll for how many folks we have in the area or would be willing to make the trip to either Illinois or Wisconsin for either GAoP/ Early Colonial reenactments or possibly even an indoor weekend gathering during the winter.....

No this is not a recruitment push for one crew or another. Nor is it an attempt to sell you a bridge (though I do have one for... Ah never mind!) This is simply a poll to see who would be interested in taking part and if (in the case of the winter gathering) it's even worth my trouble.

I will also add, in no way is this a "You must be PC" kind of thing, but rather a "Let's get good people together and enjoy what we love about the genre!!"

Even if you don't have a kit together and just want to learn some "how to's", speak up or PM me if you're gunshy.

If nothing else, I see this as a chance to get folks together and away from these damn computers!!!

Here's to you all!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

I'd ne interested in something like that, sure. I usually go pirate Christmas caroling every year anyway.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

An excellent start with some of the fellas I hoped would jump on board!!

Keep it comming folks!

If nothing else this could be a very good chance to meet folks from the Pub, get yer kit put together and above all have an excellent time with the worst riff-raff around!!!

sig2.jpg

Such a wonderful idea there, Rats. I love the idea. There is nothing like a social gathering to get people excited about the following year's events - not to mention meeting great folks and having a wonderful time of it!

I know that this idea is still in the 'baby stages' - but any idea on when and where?

Cheeky

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I might be interested but with 8 events between now December, time is pretty tight. Still it's always nice to meet more people interested in reenacting.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Just testing waters...

Early next year kinda thing...

Gotta head into work... Emergency stuff..

Someone see where the Fool's Gold is hiding!!!!

sig2.jpg

I am in Missouri, smack out in the middle, and with me being a "non-traditional" college student ...(that means old fart going back to school), I don't get much play time these days. And, just like my youthful counterparts, I am strapped for cash as well.

That said, I am always open to doing more in the middle waters area, so keep me in the loop if you will sir.

Bo

It's been great meeting folks at Port Washington these past 2 years, but it would be nice to get together more frequently too. Red Bess & I are always open to gatherings in the Minneapolis area, but there's only a dozen or so of us that I know of around here.

As for winter meetups, I have made a solemn oath to attend the 2008 Reenactor Fest in Chicago come February. I still wake up crying into my pillow for missing the last one. :rolleyes:

Again some of the folks I would love to have show up!!! This is exactly why I wanted to mention this well in advance!

The gathering would be held between two floors in a historic looking building, which used to be a church (no longer) in Downtown Milwaukee on the Marquette campus.

Each floor is big enough for dancing and even fight instruction. There is also a bar on each floor, as well as a small stage and a sound system for demos and trad musicians.

Did I mention the traditional Irish Pub, the fireplace lounge area or the optional smoking room on the 1st floor??

Though nothing is in stone yet, I would love to hear when folks would be available... Let's face it, this is about all of us!

Not just for myself!

Not just for my crewmates!

But rather something we ALL can enjoy!!

Because that's what it's really all about!!

After all, life's way too short!!

Cheers

B)

sig2.jpg

With Irish Fest going on this weekend, I was also checking into various trad (traditional) groups from the area who might be obliged to throw in. But again there is a budget to consider... However with two stage areas there would be space for demos and also a constant flow of music, dancing and mayhem!!

Who knows.... by then, our Cheeky might even be able to teach such a class!!! But yes, there should be plenty!!!

Rats

sig2.jpg

However with two stage areas there would be space for demos and also a constant flow of music, dancing and mayhem!!

Who knows.... by then, our Cheeky might even be able to teach such a class!!! But yes, there should be plenty!!!

Rats

Oh Yes! 'Tis a wonderful idea...eh, um...court or country dance, Rats?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Actually there is two hotels and a Taco Bell for the late night "Fourth Meal" munchies!!!

AS for the dancing... I'm open to anything! I had a blast at Mactown with the Oar Dance and I'm hoping folks will be so worn out that Sunday will be for recovery only!!!

I'm also going to be contacting some of our vendor friends about possible raffle sh-tuff..... Wouldn't a blade or pistol be nice for a door prize!!???

Rats

sig2.jpg

:::Resurfacing from the Depths; picking off some seaweed::: well, the Locker I didn't stay. Jones is mighty fun, btw.

Welp, Rats... Despite my availability is mighty slim this year, I am hoping and making plans to attend the Reenactors Fest in February.

Now, if there be any other event before then or even after, do let me know. I can't guarantee I can make it. Pirate Lords know I want to terribly!

But all said types of events sound pretty enticing nevertheless.

:::dash back off to the Depths once more:::

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Excellent!!

The main idea is not to break anyone's bank, but rather to get everyone together for a weekend of "our fun, on our terms", with some good class and demo opportunities, with food, drink and....... FUN!!!

sig2.jpg

Have 18th c tent... will travel (when I can). :P

Have rum... will carouse! B)

Just a wee get together would be fun.

~Lady B

:P

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

This is just a poll for how many folks we have in the area or would be willing to make the trip to either Illinois or Wisconsin for either GAoP/ Early Colonial reenactments or possibly even an indoor weekend gathering during the winter.....

No this is not a recruitment push for one crew or another. Nor is it an attempt to sell you a bridge (though I do have one for... Ah never mind!) This is simply a poll to see who would be interested in taking part and if (in the case of the winter gathering) it's even worth my trouble.

I will also add, in no way is this a "You must be PC" kind of thing, but rather a "Let's get good people together and enjoy what we love about the genre!!"

Even if you don't have a kit together and just want to learn some "how to's", speak up or PM me if you're gunshy.

If nothing else, I see this as a chance to get folks together and away from these damn computers!!!

Here's to you all!!

Hmm.... what 'bout those of us who are Pre-GAoP AND are stage show performers? Would we really 'fit in' and be welcomed? I know there are some *very* serious GAoP reenactors out there that find my sort absolutely ... irritating ... for lack of a better word.

If pre-GAoP types are welcomed - time of year, work responsibilities, and cash flow for myself and the rest of the crew would be real issues. Can you be more specific as to time of year? Would the folks attending and running this type of event be interested in seeing pirate comedy in action during this event?

Feel free to reply on the boards or via PM.

Have a great day

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Well, Rats did say that this in no way is a "must be PC" kind of thing, and I imagine that goes both ways - earlier as well as later.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Indeed he did Jack but, I've learned the hard way that tis better to ask specifically than to assume. I rather like my head where it is, not bitten off because I "don't know my place." But then again, when have I ever known my place? B)

Fair Winds

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com