Carved & Painted Signs for Merchants

Greetings to Fellow Merchants & Mariners, and all those "On the Account"

I wish to offer, as well as make aware of my Professional Services...

I am Captain Darrike and I am dedicated to Bespoke work in the line of Sign & Letter Carving as well as Pub Sign Limning...

To translate, "I makes signs fer ya on commission!"

I speak especially to those who will be vendors at this year's Pirates in Paradise event. I can work both Playne & Fauncy. In wood or on cloth, both rustick and refined.

If I can be of any service to you Please let me know. You may visit my website for examples of my work www.IslandCutter.com

Please let me know that you are a Pyrate Pub Member when you corespond.

:lol:

Mod Edit: Made link active.

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."

Welcome aboard, mate.

I checked out your site and now I wish I had a reason to order something! They look great! Hope you get plenty of orders from the Pub.

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Thank you all for your kind words as well as for having taken a moment to view my site.

To answer William Red Wake's question... I leave the iron work to another who is quite an artisan, but sees himself as "just a welder."

I can put you in touch with him, but you might be surprissed at the talent found amongst "just local welders." The right one will find out-of-the-ordinary projects an interesting challenge... that has at least been my experience.

Beautiful work. Maybe when my backyard remodeling is done I can order a sign for our backyard "resort". :ph34r:

I deleted the duplicate thread since people are responding on this one.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Looks like something Oderlesseye should take advantage of for his grotto ~

Thanks but Eye had already made my own outta aluminum on a CNC machine. Now Had this Young Jim Ladd showed up a year ago...Ya , Eye indeed would be in the market for Island Cutters expert workmanship.

P1010897.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 1 month later...

I had a sign made for our group as part of our fifth anniversary celebration. I came back from Ojai to find my computer belly-up, but I'll post pics of it as soon as I can. In the meantime, Oderless Eye took a picture of our camp at Ojai and you can see the sign there.

A lot of folks noticed our new sign and we got a lot of complements on it! And the members of Tales of the Seven Seas were thrilled, particularly our fearless leader, Claire!

RHJMap.jpg

• 2 months later...

Cheers to Island Cutter...and Merry Christmas! :o

This is my christmas gift for my dad, for the transom of his boat....or the fireplace mantle,whichever he prefers. About 3 feet long, solid African mohogany with gilded gold letters. I also requested additional coats of heavy duty varnish to handle inclement weather and salt water. IslandCutter has a computer-aided CNC router with a pretty large table to do this kind of work. Although my project was simple, he can do some pretty elaborate work.

SEAMIST-IC1.jpg

SHIP2-1.jpg

Thanks to Matusalem for posting the image of my work, and thank you all for your comments.

I am coming on to my "slower season" in profession of Sign Making and I would like nothing better that to fill my Winter days by working on projects for my Brothers and Sisters here on the Pyracy Pub.

I always offer a discounted rate for "Family" so, if you are interested in a name board for you Ship, be it made of wood or wonderment; or you need a name plaque to hang outside yer tent at PIP 2008; or even a Sea Chest in which to stow your kit, may I humbley request that you allow my to contract your Bespoke Work in wood.

(end of shameless advertisement... a pirate's gotta earn an honest living somehow.)