Pirate Movies

Matty Bottles

I don't mean to be abusing the general good nature of ye blaggards and braggarts I 'appened to 'ave been lucky enought to stumble over, and none of ye seem to resent the ransom of yer ears much, but I'm 'aving a pirate birfday party, and one element of this party is pirate movies. Now, winter on the great lake michigan being what it is, I don't expect all me guests to carouse out on the docks with a bottle o' rum. Those wif milder constitutions will probably stay inside, and so I wish to compile a great collection of movies to show, the cream of the pirate crop, so to speak, or the best pieces or pistols of the prize. Any suggestions of movies available on DVD would be much appreciated. Alas, Captain Blood has yet to be released, I believe.

And while yer thinking, let's us 'ave aother round, shall we?

:ph34r:

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Ugh! red type....hurting..eyes....owwwie..... :ph34r:

Yeah, it's a damn shame Captain Blood hasn't been put on dvd yet. I've emailed WB several times about it, with no response. If you can do a blend of VHS/ DVD, here are a few I recommend:

First and foremost, Pirates of the Caribbean, brand new on DVD.

Cutthroat Island is on DVD, but is a crappy movie.

Captain Kidd is on DVD, got mine at Border's dirt cheap.

Disney's Treasure island is on DVD - can't beat Robert Newton as Long John!

For VHS, go with:

Captain Blood

The Black Swan

The Sea Hawk

TNT's amazing version of Treasure Island

Pirates

Good luck, matey!

newbannersigtar0db.gif

• 3 weeks later...

And thank ye, Joshua, fer the suggestions. Me party is tomorrow, and horefully it'll go off without a hitch.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

• 3 weeks later...

We should mayhaps make a film list for future events, maybe we could even put tagether a pyratical film fest summers?

Add the Peter Pan film, lads. Its a winner.

Z :)

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

Ugh! red type....hurting..eyes....owwwie..... :blink:

Agreed. That red type is painful, Jack.

:ph34r:

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"