Joplin (Mo) Keltoi Renaissance Faire

Greetings All!

I don't know if you have heard about this or not but, I wanted to share. On April 26 & 27, 2008 the 1st Annual Joplin Keltoi Renaissance Faire opens up at Oronogo, Mo (outside of Joplin, Mo).

The gentleman who owns it is looking for vendors and performers for the faire. He asked me to contact any vendors and performers that I knew of and have them in turn contact him to discuss availability and booking fees. He and his wife, Lane, are truly wonderful people and the site is absolutely beautiful - a good mixture of trees (old and new growth) and open areas.

The owners name is Bruce Morgan and he can be reached via e-mail at: bruce at joplinrenfestival.com or huskervillesouth at yahoo.com. His phone number is: 417-483-1849. The faire website site is: joplinrenfestival.com.

Give Bruce a call or send him an e-mail as soon as possible - he is wanting to book vendors and performers now so that he can get the contracts out ASAP.

For cast, an orientation meeting is scheduled for Saturday, January 12th, 2008 - place to be announced later. There will be open auditions for cast positions and academies leading up to the faire in April. Should you have any questions regarding cast, auditions, and academies, I ask you direct those questions to me rather than Mr. Morgan as I am lead instructor.

Please pass the news about this new faire to everyone you know - not only do we need vendors, performers, and cast but, most importantly - we need patrons!

Fair Winds an' Followin' Seas,

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Shadoes!!

Indeed, I was most pleased to you photo with other familiar and beloved faces. And please do make your application to the festival ASAP - as we are approaching our entertainment budget limit.

Look forward to working with ya ...

Emerald

aka Entertainment Director of JRF

Just an update on things since it's been soooo long since I got a chance to post.

First off, you will notice we changed our name to simply, Joplin Renaissance Festival - much easy to say and describes who we are.

Second - we've changed venue. Why? Because within a month of getting word out, we outgrew the first choice for location. The new location is Landreth Park in Joplin, Mo.

And just to get the word out - we are having an Open Orientation for the faire on January 12th in Joplin, place: TBA.

So, looks up on the web (http://joplinrenfestival.com/) and feel free to join our yahoo group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/joplinrenfestival/) for more information on this event!

Looking forward to working with everyone

Emerald