Now here's pirate ship for sale

Rumba Rue

It's very cool but, yes, very strange that it is an almost new, modern vessel with fiberglass and wood & the lines being steel cable but the look of an old ship. Probably wouldn't be my first choice if I were in the market for a pirate ship of my very own but it does seem like a very reasonable starting price.

It's very cool but, yes, very strange that it is an almost new, modern vessel with fiberglass and wood & the lines being steel cable but the look of an old ship. Probably wouldn't be my first choice if I were in the market for a pirate ship of my very own but it does seem like a very reasonable starting price.

I belive that particular vessel is really a hull that was retrofitted with masts, etc to look like a pirate ship. It may not be 'authentic' but I think such a vessel would be great a business investment for a dockide restaurant that wants to have 'pirate nights' or private pirate-themed parties.

However, I do think the idea of a fiberglass replica of a square-rigged vessel is a fantastic idea, as in the case of the sloop Providence, it is far easier and cheaper to maintain.

If you REALLY want to be a pirate real badly (short of commandeering a vessel), the object is to know what you are looking for. I prefer to look for small-to-medium sized boats that are a)wooden, b ) have 2 or more masts (i.e ketch or yawl). c have the asthetics of pirate ships, and d) are financially feasible. this vessel has all but d: Pirate ship

SHIP2-1.jpg

All in all, she doesn't look like a bad vessel. Nice find, Rumba!

It's still a nice boat. Um, ship.

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I agree I think it is still a pretty cool ship..... I'm sure no one would turn it down if it was given to them.... Hahaha! And the price is pretty good considering some of the other over priced ships I've seen....

All in all I give it a 6 of 10!

That reminded me of a bit of sad trivia I picked up a couple years ago. I was wakin' up after havin' me appendix cut away, and the Goonies was playin on the TV. I hadn't seen it in awhile and the kid in the other bed was really likin it, so I started watchin too. A commercial break came on and before the ads started they had a trivia spot that said Spielburg (?) had advertised the ship that was used for FREE if some one would haul it off... and NO-ONE took it! B) Dang! I never hear about stuff like that til 15 or 20 years later. B)

The Victoria of Duxbury is for sale. Less than $900,000. This is the epitome of class on the water, a boat I have seen once in person and coveted ever since.

Captain Jim, I agree.

That boat is a Herreshoff. I already made an attempt to convince our pyrate brethren that Hereeshoff boats are accessible $$-wise in another post: Jenny Cat The name Herreshoff holds extremely dear to me because my great-cousins worked in the factory where they were built, and I believe they are the most beatiful sailing vessels on the planet. period. I have always cherished the name because they built the American contenders of the America's Cup, notably the Reliance.

Herreshoff

A number of people in my neighborhood owned the 27 ft herreshof S-boat, which is one of the most exquisite looking sailboats ever buit, including my great uncle. Such is sailing life before the invention of fiberglass. I have often considered bying an S-boat, except for the fact they have no cabin space. Anyone who owns this better like working with wood...and be very patient.

Also, I raved about my hometown (Bristol, R.I.) in another postBristol where Herreshoffs were buit but didn't include this picture where the boats were launched here on the Herreshoff PierPIER.jpg This is a 1954 photo of the factory right across from where I took this pictureHERRESHOFF.jpg

SHIP2-1.jpg