Merv Griffin is dead

Matusalem

In the category of "Who gives an at's rass", I was in Key West with family in April 06, and saw a 9000 ft megayacht (whatever it was) docked at Mallory Square, and like any dumb tourist would, I uttered "who owns this"? and some folks replied Merv Griffin. ...and there he was, on the aft deck , fat and shirtless, his only company was his fat droopy shar-pei, with a bandana around it's neck. He gave my mother the oddest stare.

Well, now he's gone. That's my Merv griffin sighting story.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Aye. A toast to the man. B)

Who will inherit Atlantis?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Well he was a talk-show staple for me when I was bedridden for about a year; so I'll think of him in happier times and hope he makes it to the great Green Room in the sky. B)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Well I liked and watched the Merv Griffin show as well. I wonder if Mike Douglas is still alive. Tonight on CNN Larry King live they will be doing a tribute.

And Matty we all do get old and fat and it trully is important to have friends and family around us when we get old....it just goes to prove on how important that that is.

Thanks Merv for all yer shows! Hoisting one for Merv.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

I don't have anything against Merv. I used to get him confused with Mike Douglas. The only thing that set them apart was one had gray hair and the other had black hair.

I always thought Mike Douglas was cool because he had Devo, John Lennon, and other raucous rockers on his show.

SHIP2-1.jpg

(Shrug) Going against the stream and saying while I hate to see anyones life come to an end (with few exceptions...) I cannot grive to mightily for the man.

Talented? yes.

Creative? Indeed.

Wealthy? Without doubt.

A good business man? That all depends on which side of the deal you were on.

He destroyed many lives in his zeal to increase his own wealth with no regard or regret as to the outcome for the smaller people involved. People who depended on him or saw their lifes work taken away or destroyed. Had he the right to do so? Of course he did. Business is just that. Business.

But lack of concern of others on that end and all in the name of money makes him smaller in my estimations. :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Last nights tribute to him on Larry King live was very interesting. I did not know that he was behind Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. And he wrote th Jeopardy tune. Many on the show last attributed their success to him, it is a shame to hear that he may have stepped on others. But power does that to people. I see that happen even here every day at work. Sigh...oh well life goes on, gotta try to smile.

And Matty I am glad you didnt despise Merv too much and his doggie Charlie Chan...lol! :huh:

I wonder if Mike Douglas is still alive I will have to go check that out. I was surprised to hear of Hal Fishman passing. (so cal news anchor). I always liked his voice.

sigh...I just checked out Mike he passes away last August on his 81st b day. Hoisting a late one to ya Mike!

Lady Alyx

it is a shame to hear that he may have stepped on others. But power does that to people.

There is no *may* about it. :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Matty it sure does...3 people I used to work with as buddy partying co-workers that once they became supervisor, stabbed me in the back. It is always so shocking...but power does have that capability.

Iron Bess it's tough to think of Merv as doing that, but insiders always know the truth.

Lady Alyx

He destroyed many lives in his zeal  to increase his own wealth with no regard or regret as to the outcome for the smaller people involved. People who depended on him or saw their lifes work taken away or destroyed. 

Sounds like the defintion of a real pirate.

Iron Bess's knowledge is in keeping with what I have read about him in regards to business and treatment of people. I'd add that sometimes the actual measure of a man's life is not the wealth he had at his death, but who weeps at his funeral.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!