Merchant Vendor / Re-Enactor Advice needed

Island Cutter

Greetings All,

I have been reading through various threads in this forum and I believe I have a handle on some aspects of PiP, but I still have a few questions...

This will be my first year attending PiP and I am not yet a member of a specific re-enactment group. I hope to be coming down with things to sell as a merchant, but my merchant goods, while hand made and Historically inspired, are not replicas. I have noticed that the theives market area seems to have a bit of leeway for decorated and disguised "EZ-ups" which would make things much easier for me.

So, gettin' to my questions...

May a Merchant stay with (camp within) their merchant booths? If not, how might I find camping space among the Crews? I will provide myself Period Shelter.

Lastly, here are a couple of pictures of a "Folding Cottage" that I have used for Merchant events. Bring it or leave it home... and why?

ssss_folded.JPG

cottagenrs.jpg

Thanks in advance,

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."

A merchant may stay within their merchant booth. Merchants at PIP often camp within the large tents which they bring to the festival.

As far as your 'folding cottage' and your wares, that is a matter you should take up with Harry directly at Fort Zachary Taylor.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I have been in touch with Harry and I am in the process of filing the application.

I quess that my question regarding the cottage was more of a "do you think it will add or detract from the atmosphere?"

BTW: there are covering boards (not shown) that close off the bottom and hide the undercarriage.

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."

I think it would fit in fine with the character of the thieve's market. There is a wide range of merchant stalls and designs. Many are just tents. Ours is under one the casements next to the Port Royal encampment - I think it's a pretty nice looking piece meself.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com