Pike River Event Review 2007

Rats

After that picture show, the anticipation of camping with you folks is building to nigh-intolerable levels.

Yeah well you just better have perfectly period correct gear and make sure you have read at least three acceptable books to properly document and blah blah blah.... Yeah right!!!

Just be ready to have fun with a good bunch of people, who only want you to enjoy yerself. A fella couldn't ask for anything more!!

^_^

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Yeah well you just better have perfectly period correct gear and make sure you have read at least three acceptable books to properly document and blah blah blah.... Yeah right!!!

Aye there will be a quiz on Friday night... ^_^^_^^_^

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Impressive pictures, just utterly awesome! I hope everyone on this board sees this. Thanks for sharing.

^_^

Thank you, most kind of you Sir. ^_^^_^^_^

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Damnation, I hate being sick, I missed a knife fight??? And there are pictures? I think Rats just loves to torture us by making us wait!!! ^_^^_^

Crewe of the Archangel

You asked for it my friend!!!!

Now let's see what we have here?

Grumble grumble grumble!!

Clump clump clump (walking down to the cellar)

Inside joke for those in the know!!

sig2.jpg

Oh, those belong to Rats. The Autem Mort, be Maggie and the little fair haired brownie be Morgan.

Both were wonderful this past weekend. Morgan was there always wanting to help where she could. As you can see, she quite an expert of lacing stays now!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Thanks Patrick!

Yes, that is my wonderful (and very tollerant) wife and daughter. We were both commercial shooters, prior to our current jobs.

Maggie is responsible for many of the pics.... Usually the ones I'm in!!

Morgan is just incredible!!

Just wait til the triplets grow up!

sig2.jpg

It's looking at pictures like these that make me think I'm living on the wrong coast! Great stuff, guys. :huh:

Only rain? What, no tornado? :angry:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

You have no idea how cold that water was lying there, as the waves washed up where you really didn't want it!!! :lol:

Talk about feeling like a sugar cookie!!!

Luckily, slops shake off and dry pretty easy...Which is a good argument for having an extra pair while one dries!!!!

Actually one of my most favorite parts of the weekend was after everyone crashed out on Saturday night....

With the storm brewing, I threw my new long coat on, grabbed my lantern and blade, then took a walk to the water's edge.

When I got to the beach, the sound of the wind and the waves were booming, and in the darkness it became difficult to gauge where the waves were actually washing up to....

Needless to say, that being there alone as the elements seemed to clash around me was a very memorable experience! Which is probably what made me want to capture some of that feeling with the pics on the beach. Hope it worked!

Rats

sig2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rumba! That whole weekend was a lot of fun. And the weather was as it looks... from one extreme to another! I'm still wondering about Captain McCrary's injury!!!???

But that's really why we do this kind of thing! (We're all actually just big kids having fun anyway!!) But when folks can enjoy a pic or a presentation, that's when we get our reward!!

And by all means, you're always welcome!!

Take care

sig2.jpg

I'm still wondering about Captain McCrary's injury!!!???

What are you wondering Rats?

Captain & Jay went out bright and early Sunday morning to rescue the Pirata. She was taking on water thanks to waves breaking right behind her (not 10 feet either direction, just right behind her!). He got on board but before getting a good hold Pirata was hit by another wave. Captain was tossed from one side to the other, hit the rail (breaking a rib and cracking an other) but managed to catch the edge and not hit the water. Thankfully they managed to get she safely into the docks while Mssr. William and Lt Garland caught and hauled in Tantrum, which had broken free from where they had secured her to the Pirata after boarding. All this before 8am. No wonder we consume so much coffee!

As far as I know Captain is recovering well and should be up to many of his usual tricks come Kohkohmah.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Oh man, that's great to hear!!!

I just met the guy and would hate to hear he was side-lined! But talk about badluck for an event!!!

1st the attempted theft by the indigenous natives!!! B)

Then a storm that lasted forty days and forty nights?? B) Ok maybe not that long!!!

But then to end up with a pair of spareribs??????!!!!

Lucky there wasn't any lightning that night!!! B)

sig2.jpg

But talk about badluck for an event!!!

Bad luck, nah. Just your average day with the Great Lakes River Pirates :o

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog