PA Ren Faire Pirate Invasion

Mick MacAnselan

• 2 weeks later...

Wot a swelterin' day wuz Saturday! Me sis an' I tooks the bilge rats n' powder monkeys up to PA, howevers we wuz incognito for various reasons. We did meet Pyrate Phil, which wuz a great pleasure. He did get a picture of he an' I together even tho I din' look me best. Me thinks by this point I wuz just about melted.

I know we did go to see the hynotist show, but I don't remember a thing about it 'cept me son wuz very upset afterwards. At 7 years old, he din' understand wot wuz going on with mom.....I however were more relaxed afterwarrds than I wuz before. (An' believe you me that I wuz ready to tar the whole lot of em on the way up!) Me sis sais that she wished she had a video camera.

Ah well, sorry iffen we missed anyone.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

M'Lady, t'were a pleasure meetin' ye 'n' yer troupe!

And aye, th' bloody heat - sweltered all day - we had ta make a trip out ta th' vessel ta partially disrobe half-way through th' day. Hope ye didn't get caught in thet storm on th' way out - we drove 3 hours (normally takes 2) through it, lightnin' a-flashin' and rains a-fallin' hard all th' way. B)

But it were well worth it ta see PARF again!

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

l_9af5f505f9356dd1640c1902da527047.jpg

l_b9dc75e9e621f5036ce5dd9762d190e9.jpg

We had a blast wit our hosts at "the pirate den" big thanks to Klause,Scott,applebooteh and Captain Sharky for all the good times. dont miss out next year. The smell of black powder :o and the sound of sharp steel all day long in one cove.

if intrested. there are many more photos of the event posted on the pirates magazine Myspace. check 'em out !

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Pirates Den - always a pleasure to fill our hold from their stores :rolleyes:

...especially the "Hot Pirate Babes" calendar my oldest son and I both bought :wub:

well be sure to check out august. That was a sword made by yours truely...shame it is mostly covered up because the blade was something special.

thatworks.shop

well be sure to check out august. That was a sword made by yours truely...shame it is mostly covered up because the blade was something special.

Is that an angled handle on that, or are my eyes going?

Wish I could see more of it. But then, I said the same about Miss August... :wub:

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

What the &$# <_< %***$@#*I% :o ??!!

Oh crap ;) ....My %#fu#%^!!# eyes!!!!

Stumbling into the counter and knocking a plate and glass onto the floor with a crash!!!

That ain't right....... Oh dear GOD,,......

That simply... Is.... not... right!!!!

I think my eyes shattered...... I swear, I think my eyes cracked open and the pupils actually fell out of my skull..........

;);););););) HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:lol: <_<

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Since this goes along with the subject of the PA Renn Faire...

To make a not so long story short,

I went to the PA Faire on Labor Day in my mermaid getup and was offered a job. The gentleman who owns the pirate shop at the farside of the faire asked me if I would be interested in working for him during next year's PA Faire Pirate Weekend and at a Pirate Fest in Florida in winter. Sounds like the job would be me dressed in my mermaid costume for photo ops. We exchanged contact info and he said he'd be in touch.

Interesting huh? I'm all for doing the PA Faire next year but I'm a little nervous about the Florida one since I don't know these people....but I'm sure they're very nice, and I've never even been to Florida.

What do you guys think?

I assume that you are talking about Scott and gang at the pirates den. They are who i set up with the magazine. Good people. He also runs the Florida pirate festival formaly out of clearwater. Scott runs alot of man powered rides at faires all over as well.

I did the Florida Pirate Festival last year with the gang and I will def be doing it next year. If Scott is the one who approached you then I would go for it. Lots of fun in FL and Lots o' Rum.

thatworks.shop

Thats good to know Matt, makes me feel better about the whole thing. It must have been Scott, he said he owned all the rides at the PA Faire, and his contact address is in Florida. Thank you for the resurrance!

I'm very interested in the job and hope he contacts me soon. When and where in Florida is the Pirate Fest? He just mentioned that it was in Florida in the winter.