Names of Pirate Ships

Matusalem

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Matusalem for such a cool site. I just booked marked it and look forward to reading it completely through. Names fasinate me so this is an exciting find for me. Thanks again dear sir.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Thanks Matusalem for such a cool site. I just booked marked it and look forward to reading it completely through. Names fasinate me so this is an exciting find for me. Thanks again dear sir.

You are always welcome, BriarRose. B)

Methinks that hth names of the true ships of the pirate era would have been endowed with more creative&sexy names. Incidentally, I laughed when Disney named the first POTC after what I know in my world is the Black Pearl Restaurant in Newport, R.I, named after a brigantine:

Black Pearl

SHIP2-1.jpg

I thought of that hermaphrodite brig as well (or, as one of her crew members called her a few years ago, a hermaphrodite schooner). She's a little run down below decks, but the rigging looks great. Unfortunately, she was unable to get a CG license for passengers for a variety of reasons, and it would take too much to refit her for the tourism trade. However, I got a chance to dive off of her fore-course yardarm in The Great Salt Pond in Block Island. Then, of course, there was a party later that night. Great fun, and definitly a pretty boat.

Coastie B)

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

• 3 weeks later...