If You Were a Time Traveler

I'd join you Jill!

...but then again, If I joined that crusade would I even be here to join. Change history and we change the present. Would my Irish ancestors have found themselves in America to meet my German ancestors and subsequently beget me? If I had no Irish ancestry would I want to make that effort?

There are so many things that I would rewrite in history that I can not begin to imagine the full scope of their impact. What of stopping the dictators of history? Then would modern society understand the dangers that a dictator may present?

Are we not as individuals the result of history?

Maybe there are alternative timelines.... so if we changed history, we could see how cool, or messed up the present was..... then come back to our own present..... ;)

cell phone wouldn't work, due to towers absence.

At least we wouldn't get bothered by that "Can you hear me now" guy....... ;)

Everyone is going to believe their own thing anyway, but at least I'd know the real truth ;)

The problem with knowing the truth is it's not easy to hide. I mean if you see someone who thinks they "Know" the period you visited and they have it all wrong would you yourself not be tempted to stand up and say That is not how it happened, or how they talked, or what they wore, or even That is not what they used those pouches for!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Maybe there are alternative time lines.... so if we changed history, we could see how cool, or messed up the present was..... then come back to our own present..... :lol

Except that it would appear that we live in a linear time fashion. So you would enter the alternative time line and be unable to return to your "own present." Now, you could go back in time and try to alter your actions, but then what would happen to the you that lived in the original alternative time line? If you actions change the alternative future so it doesn't exist, then wouldn't you cease to exist during that period? Or maybe it is as some postulate and multiple time lines exist simultaneously, but [in Edwin Abbot fashion], we are limited to our 3D perception of the world and do not realize that it is possible to move between places in what we allege is the 4th dimension...

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

That is not what they used those pouches for!

That's an interesting thought....

What if....

You went back to the Middle Ages, and discovered that Peasants carried a handfull of seeds in thier pouches to protect them from illness. Of course the Church would be opposed to such witchcraft, and would preach against it... When you were there, they even burned someone at the steak as a witch, for carrying a pouchfull of seeds....

When you get back, trying to prove this interesting bit of historical information would be very difficult. Church documents do show that someone was burned at the steak for witchcraft, but say nothing about the pouchfull of seeds. And the anti-seed sermons that were written, were burned when the Church was distroyed in a bombing raid during World Was II .....Pouches surviving from the period, were emptied befor the person was buryed, so they didn't get in trouble with the Church (and they didn't need the protection from illness anymore) ... So all you can find is one seed in a pouch from the period, and that isn't beleaved to be evidence enough for your silly theory.....

You know the truth, but can't prove it.......

Exactly..But what if you could prove it, what if part of the evidence brought back happened to be one of the missing church books? Would you still prove it or let it go?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I'd time-travel back in time to around 1800 and go to the French Quarter of New Orleans and hang around a certain blacksmith shop.

Maybe even gather information for him.

I'd walk the streets of where my family lived and sit on the banks of the Mississippi in the sultry summer night and smell the jasmine in the air.

I would speak fluent French and eat beignets to my heart's content.

Oh, yeah.

The only thing I would insist on having is mosquito repellant.

Taking on the world....one pair of boots at a time!

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...a lot of dreams....

Exactly..But what if you could prove it, what if part of the evidence brought back happened to be one of the missing church books? Would you still prove it or let it go?

im willing to bet any info you brought back would be brushed aside,because people only seem to care about what was documented.if it wasnt documented then it never happened,i think i heard that somewhere.

cell phone wouldn't work, due to towers absence. At least we wouldn't get bothered by that "Can you hear me now" guy.......  :huh:

LOL imagine yer runnin out the guns...and theres the whole "network" on the deck.. :huh:

Cannons and connectivity

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 2 weeks later...

I think Id like to get tipley with John Adams over a few bottles of Sam Adams...what an interesting conversation that would be...

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...