Dead monkeys tell alot more tales then the living!

Who's seen Planet of the Apes?

I haven't, and it's a shame. :'(

*Dreams away about a movie about monkeys*

Oh, excuse me, where was I?

Ah, yes, my tribute!

monkeysurprised.png

OMG a tribute to monkeys?!?

Yes! Who's with me??

qt3.jpg

Wow I have a fan o.O

ok, enough of the monkey stuff. I'm sorry. '-.-

Let's re-name this topic:

Show us a pic of yer favorite pet!

I showed mine *points to pic of girl*

*Ahum* I mean: *points to pic of monkey*

jollyrogerjackanapes.gifmonkeystelltales.gif

Dead men tell no tales... how 'bout monkeys?

We actually have a pet photo thread over here: https://pyracy.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8776

I don't think the undead monkeys topic has been fully explored yet, however. :lol:

undead_jack_monkey.jpg

[Copyright Disney and suchlike]

Here's a shot of my model of Jack for a haunted house room.

monkey_finished_front_close.jpg

If it interests you, you can see the whole page on my version of Jack here.

As for Planet of the Apes, the first movie was really good and they acquired an increasingly lower quality aspect after that. I understand that this was due to the thought process in Hollywood at the time on the nature of sequels. Back then, they thought each sequel would make progressively less money so they should invest less in them. Unfortunately, this has a sort of self-fulfilling prophesy aspect to it. If you put less money in, you can do less with the movie (especially effects intensive movies like the Planet of the Apes series - the make-up was horrendously difficult to do, especially at first.) Fortunately, Star Wars came along and Geo. L. proved this this theory was yet another example of why Hollywood "thinking inside the box" was hidebound and foolish. (OTOH, if you're talking about Tim Burton's take on the thing...it kinda' sucked IMO. Too much preaching a'going on in there IMHO. (Which is actually sort of odd, given the preachy nature of the original story.) The soundtrack has its merits, however.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

O.O well this is an odd coinkydinky! When i woke up this morning, i found i was in the mood for Planet of the Apes, watched the first part of it, then decided what i really in the mood for was the soundtrack, so switched gears and went to Danny Elfman's commentary on that.

Think what a surprise, to sign on here and see this post after i had posted on the "What Are You Listening To Now" thread about listening to that soundtrack.. :lol: wow, a planet must have tilted on is axis somewhere..

BTW, i love the monkey ensign ya got there Jack :lol:

That's some interesting "Jack the monkey" page you have there, Misson. I think it is well done and extremely creative. And the whole POTC room intrigues me... BTW, thanks, Maloney :huh: It wasn't all that hard work :huh:

I'm extremely frustrated because I can't upload a picture of a black spider monkey, which I found extremely cute. (yes, I'm a guy. I just have feelings xD :huh: )

Although, this picture:LENS_p204-5_web.jpg

creeps me out o.O I do believe the monkey's not a zombie, but it's close to that :huh:

monkey3box.jpg

And I think I should read this book. :) (If it is a book, only saw it's picture)

jollyrogerjackanapes.gifmonkeystelltales.gif

Dead men tell no tales... how 'bout monkeys?