Captain John Smith 400th Anniversary

blackjohn

The Pirate Brethren, Merrick's Privateers, the Baltimore Rangers and many other groups will be in attendance at this Saturday's Captain John Smith celebration in Port Deposit, Maryland. More information on the event can be found here. With luck, I will see some of you there.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

That reminds me, I still have the DVD of Colin Farrell playing John Smith in The New World to watch yet. (Although I expect it won't have nearly the verisimilitude of your re-enactments, Blackjohn. Hey, I'm just watching it for the eye candy!)

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Dear Mr Blackjohn,

So sorry for missing your event. I was already returning to NJ from family obligations (Sailing trip actually) in Baltimore. I kind of felt bad because I use the Susquequehanna bridge (rt 40) in Port Deposit because I have one of those barcode stickers for the toll (saves me $5 on I-95) but it was 8:30 pm by that time sunday.

All weekend long I thought of the Sultana, which was away from port in Chestertown, and we were in St. Michaels.

SHIP2-1.jpg

:lol:

Just Blackjohn is fine... not captain, not mister, hell, even John is just fine too.

:huh:

Sorry you missed us as well. It's always a joy to meet people from the forum, even though I sometimes may be too busy to stop at chat, I do enjoy putting a name, face and personality together into a real live human being.

:lol:

The event was generally uneventful. I had fun, to be sure, as did my fellow pirates, but on the grand scheme of things, this event would rate low compared to some of the great events we've had in the past.

I snapped a couple pics here and there. These haven't been resized, but if you like cool muskets, here are some pics of John Buck's miquelet lock Portuguese escopeta.

Full view

Lock

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.