Pyrate story writer lookin' fer an illustrator

blackbartsghost

Hey there, pyrate illustrators. I am writing a pyrate story that will be a twelve issue mini-series. I am pitching it to some large companies, so there is no pay til it gets picked up. It will be a great opportunity to get your work out there. Here's a brief description:

Dead Men Tell No Tales written by Dwight L. MacPherson

In 1698, Captain William Kidd captures the Armenian vessel, the Quedagh Merchant. Along with the loot, Kidd discovers an ancient map thought to date back to the 1300s. Kidd was forced to leave the Quedagh Merchant off the island of Hispanola, and was hanged from the gallows in England...never to return to discover that the ancient map would lead to the greatest treasure ever known.

As part of Kidd's crew waited with the captured vessel, it was boarded and taken by the notorious Edward Teach, who was known as the dreaded Blackbeard. Blackbeard examined the map closely, and became driven to the brink of madness to solve its riddle.

One evening while out drinking in Barbados, one of Blackbeard's most trusted men reveals the map's existence while in a drunken stupor to none other than Bartholomew Roberts......the dreaded Black Bart.

What ensues is a race to capture the most elusive treasure known to mankind. It will be a battle that takes the pirates and their crews around the world and finally off the shores of North America. It will try the two men's souls; one man will claim the prize, while the other will meet his bloody end. But how long will the victor enjoy the prize before death claims him too? And what will become of the world's greatest, mystery shrouded treasure?

Finally, now, the world will know the tale that dead men can not tell.

Dead men tell no tales.

:lol:

If you are interested, please e-mail me at: bartholomewroberts@pyracy.com

Please, only serious artists need apply. I have character bios and vital stats ready to send.

Black Bart's Ghost

"Ye can touch me rum, but nobody touches me booty!"

I can draw stick figures rather well and I know my daughter is proficient in scribble scrabble reather well too but I am guessing this is not what you are looking for.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

I can do some mean drawings of anthro-ducks . . . but unless you're willing to turn William Kidd into Daffy Duck with a tricorne, I won't be of much help. ;-) Good luck!

I am now "Captain Charlotte Savvy." Sorry for any confusion -- I'll only be making this user-name change this once! :)

Send an email to Redd Oktober. He's pretty good.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

Aye, sounds like ye'd be wantin' a near-professional fer this. I can draw anthros, anime and western-style cartoons, but this pyrate's not what yer lookin' fer. I cannot draw backgrounds fer the life of me. Too much drawing fanart fer Capt'n Wolf, methinks. I can draw Jack Sparrow and Will Turner, though! :lol:

I suggest lookin' round some artist boards elsewhere; yer better off with a great artist that can learn to draw piratical stuff rather than a semi-good artist who already knows.

Captain Wolfy Wench

Blackbart... is there a certain look you are searching for from the illustrator? As to how realistic do you want it?

I presume you wish a little ... example?

Huzzah!

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!