Swordsmith

Hello,

I make custome swords,knives, and armour for re-enactors. All of my work to date has been in the periods of Roman, celtic, and viking but I would love to do later.

My swords are extreamly tough and durable tools, all handcrafted. Here are some pics of my work.

romanknives015.jpg

Celtic.jpg

P4160171.jpg

P6250192_edited.jpg

P4170168.jpg

P5170191.jpg

Email for enquiries at: andy@firedogforge.com

or my web site can be seen at: www.firedogforge.com

Thanks................Andy

Mod Edit: Made the link active.

I would recommend Swords and Blades of the American Revolution, which should be available via Amazon.

Don't let the name fool you, as it covers swords from the early 17th century up to the American Revolution.

Boarders Away is ok, but it doesn't have as many pictures of the early stuff (GAoP) as it covers a wider range... 1600-19th century.

I have some stuff on my web site...

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/swords.htm

That should get you started.

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Beautiful stuff!

Some day I'd like to get a fighting-quality cutlass - not a fantasy piece or wallhanger, but something 1815 era, that could actually be used.

A Bowie knife, too! :lol:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

I think if you were to start offering simple, functional, DOCUMENTABLE hangers from the late 17th century, you'd have some interested buyers, yes sir. But resist the temptation to offer later period stuff. This is my reasoning on this: Much later period stuff, appropriate for F & I and RevWar, is already well represented, particularly by Indian companies.

LET ME SAY THAT I AM NOT COMPARING YOUR QUALITY TO THEM. However, they do make a variety of low-cost later period blades.

A sword appropriate to, say, 1690, that is ready for fighting and is documentable according to Swords and Blades of the American Revolutions, for example, will attract the attention of both GAoP reenactors, F & I reenactors, and RevWar reenactors, don't you think?

And maybe I'm off base here, but I think if you take a look at some of the blades offered by other smiths who focus on this time period, and make something else, something documentable but under-represented currently, those blades would be pretty well-recieved. But I'd get more feedback first. Maybe everybody does want the same kind of blade.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Here is a pic from a site Revolutionary War, I believe they sell the originals.

7365_lg.jpg

This pic struck me as a charming and would be an interesting project, I would love to bring something like this back to life. It is dated to 1750-1775, any thoughts? I'll keep looking!