Hello hello :)

BluePuppy

I've just joined this forum because I'm interested in getting into more historically accurate pirate activities. :) (And yes, I've liked pirates since before the POTC movies =p)

I'm moving to Baltimore soon and I've been reading about the interesting history in that area so it's all very exciting. I'm currently in Kansas, so there hasn't been much (anything) to do. I've got a pirate-ish get-up that I wear around sometimes, but it's made out of a cheap bustier/corset, a dress of mine, a skirt, any one of my random peasant-like shirts, and boot covers. And while it looks neato, I'd like to keep pushing it into something more faire worthy.

ANYWAY, sorry for all the rambling, thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to hanging out here. :)

:lol:

61jctci.jpg

Welcome Blue Puppy, tis a swell place to learn and lots of good information in Captain Twill. And ye should post a before pic with all your kit now, and then once you been here awhile and have more items added or sewn take another and see how far ye've come.

Again glad to have ye..Ill take a Diet Coke please...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Welcome Blue Puppy, tis a swell place to learn and lots of good information in Captain Twill.  And ye should post a before pic with all your kit now, and then once you been here awhile and have more items added or sewn take another and see how far ye've come.

Again glad to have ye..Ill take a Diet Coke please...

1232644414_l.jpg

that's the picture i took after i got my halloween thingie together. i was going to be a dead prom queen last year but it was too muddy and i didnt want to ruin my dress =p so i figured i'd wear that since i had it around =p

aaaany thanks again for the welcomes :)

<_<

p.s. i've dropped the wig, since i only really needed it for warmth =p

61jctci.jpg

1232644414_l.jpg

that's the picture i took after i got my halloween thingie together. i was going to be a dead prom queen last year but it was too muddy and i didnt want to ruin my dress =p so i figured i'd wear that since i had it around =p

aaaany thanks again for the welcomes :)

:unsure:

p.s. i've dropped the wig, since i only really needed it for warmth =p

And quite a fetching lass ye are as well. Aye there be lots to learn here if you take the time to look about. I secretly read Captain Twill a bit, very intresting stuff there, and All the fine stuff in Plunder.

Again I hope you enjoy and if you have any questions..merely ask...

EDIT:::::::::::: Hey I have that sword! Was a Birthday gift from a friend of mine...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I was reading Captain Twill and I'd love to find some of those books everyone's talking about. I'm sure it'll be easy once I move. :) I was reading the boot vs. shoe debate, as well =p

I'm not sure I can give up wearing boots =p haha

but yes, it's a pretty neat sword to be... plastic. my friend's son broke the point off of it, so now i have to fix that... it would probably be better to just grind it down until it has a new point...

(to mad jack, i'd like a bit of irish whisky myself)

61jctci.jpg

Blue Puppy! Welcome to th pub! There is quite a lot to be learned here and the pirates herein are happy to lend advice. You'll find even a lot of knowledge and readin. So settle in with a good tankard and get ready for a fun ride! There are may pirates in the Baltimore area so perhaps ye'll find yourself an event or two before long.

REd Cat welcomes Blue Puppy...film at 11 lol :lol:

Welcome to th pub lass!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I've just joined this forum because I'm interested in getting into more historically accurate pirate activities. :) (And yes, I've liked pirates since before the POTC movies =p)

I'm moving to Baltimore soon and I've been reading about the interesting history in that area so it's all very exciting. I'm currently in Kansas, so there hasn't been much (anything) to do. I've got a pirate-ish get-up that I wear around sometimes, but it's made out of a cheap bustier/corset, a dress of mine, a skirt, any one of my random peasant-like shirts, and boot covers. And while it looks neato, I'd like to keep pushing it into something more faire worthy.

ANYWAY, sorry for all the rambling, thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to hanging out here. :)

:lol:

1232644414_l.jpg

weclome2.jpg

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

haha, nicely done on the message, shipwreck john :) and :lol: to red cat jenny!

as far as my name goes, it's just a username i use alternately with another one. I've yet to come up with a moniker for my "pirate character" but i might use that as a base, now that i think of it...

are we allowed to have different display names on this forum? i hadn't checked. in case i DO make up a suitable name, i'd like to change without re-registering =p

61jctci.jpg

Aye lass!! Welcome to the pub!! Blue Puppy be a fine moniker to start with. Then ye can develop it from thar. We all has a persona here that started somewhere inside us, and grew out as we went along.

Ye will do the same no doubt. Enjoy this here fun place.

A toast to ye!! :P:P:lol:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Welcome aboard Blue Puppy... Nice to see another landlocked Kansas pirate here, even if you are jumping ship to be near the ocean in Baltimore soon!

oi, what part of kansas are you from?

are you going to the thing in osawatomie?

not sure if they're going to be able to have that now, though, what with the flooding... it's like our own little (DISGUSTING) ocean =p

61jctci.jpg

it's an event called Day of the Dragon (?) I think, it's listed in the "Raids" section

I was wanting to go but I dunno if I'll be able to

it's pretty gross down here, we've got a fertilizer plant/refinery in town, and when our levee broke, it flooded it. there are 46,000 gallons of oil in the water, not to mention backed up sewers. people's houses are all under water, one of my friends' houses was built by hand by his grandfather and it's all gone

the guy who was here from CNN was talking about how you couldn't pay him enough to step into the water because it's so gross =p bleeehhh

atleast the smell's gone

61jctci.jpg

Welcome to the Pub, Lady! :huh::huh:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/