Festival of the Dragon, Osawatomie, Ks

Greetings One and All,

Mark your calendars ye pirates o' the tall grasses and come out to the John Brown Memorial Park in Osawatomie, Kansas on July 14th for the 1st Annual Festival of the Dragon, a one day event (to test the community's response).

The new new website is up and operational: http://www.festivalofthedragon.com/

It lists some of our fellow performers as well as giving the day's schedule of events.

Hope to see some of you there, feel free to stop by the Royal Stage or the Children's Realm and introduce yourselves, it would be wonderful to put faces with the names!

Fair Winds an' Followin' Seas

Cap'n Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

I'd just logged out and saw this in the events listed for the next 60 days B)

Osawatomie's a mere 2 hr drive from where I live in Coffeyville

If we've not moved by then, I'd really like to come :) ... though I worry about the inaccuracy of my costume <_< has anyone ever been made fun of over something like that?

61jctci.jpg

Just wanted to pass along an update from the Boss Lady herself with regards to the faire and the recent flooding. The original posting can be found on the Renaissance Forum boards (Smaller Faires sub forum); original post date of 02 July 2007.

The southeast corner of Osawatomie is a little less near the top of the water. But the park and the majority of town is doing fine.

They evacuated us on Sunday morning but let us back in by noon. We had the National Guard all over town yesterday, but most have already cleared out today.

As it stands now, everything is still a go and the town is looking forward to a bit of positive.

Newest update, a good portion of the proceeds of the fair are going to help those dispaced here in Osawatomie. Even more so than before, please help us support this fair and the rebuilding of the Southeast corner of Osawatomie.

MysPixie

Osawatomie's a mere 2 hr drive from where I live in Coffeyville

Blue Puppy, how are things looking in/around the Coffeyville area? Been getting reports of the flooding that has the town in a terrible way. I do certainly hope that you and yours are alright.

though I worry about the inaccuracy of my costume has anyone ever been made fun of over something like that?

Just to ease your mind, my dear; if you are a ticket weilding patron, you may wear what ever you like, within the letter of the law and decency's sake. The only time you would need worry 'bout your costuming is if you were on cast - then (and only then) would you truly have to be "up to snuff." And while there are some idiots who run their mouths off about another's garb - these uncivilied and ill mannered peons often find themselves in a pickle! :lol:

Those of us who are "in the business" of creating a realm of fun and yesteryear, any patron's attempts to provide their own garb is welcomed gladly and with praise. Wearing garb you hand craft gives a person a sense of pride (and rightfully so!) and also allows that person/patron to enter more fully into the 'realm' of the faire. So fear not, my dear! Wear what you will and take pride in what you have crafted for yourself! And should your path cross those of a creatin, God forfend!, do ignore them and give them naught but your pity - pity for such a small mind lost in such a cavernous and thick skull! :rolleyes:

Ahoy Captain Emerald, perhaps we'll see you there... just found out about this one from a different post by BluePuppy so we're looking into it.

Ahh, my dear lovies of Pyrate Leatherworx! I do sincerely hope to see your jovial and loveable faces at FotD! It would make a wonderful day even more so! You gents are truly gentlemen of the seas and let none others gainsay you there!

They must have something going for them, they got the Ladies of The Salty Kiss!

Awwww .... how absolutely sweet of you! Thank you for your kind words of praise, my friends. That truly means alot to myself and the rest of the Ladies - it shows us all that we are truly doing our job to the best of our abilities. I shall pass your words along to them post haste.

In case you had not been told, that evening after the faire ends, we have the utter honor of performing one of our new shows, 'This is Your Pirate Life' for the cast, crew, performers, and vendors of the faire. It is our way of saying 'Thank You' to our fellows that work so hard to make each and every faire a wonderful experience - for us and the patrons.

Alas, I must away for the now. I do so look forward to seeing you gents and you as well, Blue Puppy, at Festival of the Dragon!

Please do visit www.usfunfairs.com for a printable ticket coupon for the faire. And remember, proceeds are going to help out those folks in the community of Osawatomie that have lost everything. Come on out and help us help them to rebuild.

Fair Winds an' Followin' Seas ....

Emerald

the water's going down, but we're now in a conservation and water boiling order. any water for consumption has to be boiled, and it's probably not a good idea to bathe in non-boiled water either... there are about 46,000 gallons of oil in the flood water but it's started receding a bit

i live on a rural route so it's not so heinous out here, we can get into town now, it's just that everything SMELLS SO BAD! hehe

how are things in osawatomie? you guys didnt get off too easily either did you?

and i'll definitely try to make it to the festival! sounds like fun :)

61jctci.jpg

I'm glad to hear that you came out of the floods unscathed. We get pretty regular updates via news channels on the situation (boiling order, shots, etc). Had not heard that there was a conservation order on you guys as well. Have the emergency services got a good supply of water coming into your area?

The reports I'm getting from Osawatomie are coming from the faire owner who lives there. I live about an hour SE of you, in Oklahoma.

I look forward to meeting you at the faire this weekend, may your journey be a safe one!

Emerald