Articles of Pyracy book!

Jib

So today I'm at Borders again and I see a book about the Articles of Pyracy from AWE. I do a quick scan and it looked pretty nice. Thought it might tie up a few loose ends. I wondered if any of you bought this tome and what you thought of it before I laid down my hard earned money.

FOUND IT!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/1423106547/re...&pf_rd_i=507846

"The Pirate Guidelines: A Book for Those Who Desire to Keep to the Code and Live a Pirate's Life" (Pirates of the Caribbean) (Paperback)

by Joshamee Gibbs

(Looks like Mr. Gibbs wrote the Code :ph34r: )

:ph34r:

Thanks for the link Wages!

It seems that it could be a pretty cool book, but personally this one has peeked my interest more: the Art of Pirates of the Caribbean :)

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Pirates-Caribbea...3496745-4446048

FOUND IT!!!!

"The Pirate Guidelines: A Book for Those Who Desire to Keep to the Code and Live a Pirate's Life" (Pirates of the Caribbean) (Paperback)

by Joshamee Gibbs

(Looks like Mr. Gibbs wrote the Code  :ph34r: )

:ph34r:

It seems that it could be a pretty cool book, but personally this one has peeked my interest more: the Art of Pirates of the Caribbean :)

The Art one is on its way to me . . . as is Art of Star Wars, Episode 3.

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Why couldn't I find that? Amazon... What?! No description? Hmm...B&N...

Sounds like it could go either way to me...sharp and funny or cute and cloying. If it's anything like the text in the "Making of..." book, I'm betting on cute and cloying. They should list the target audience. :ph34r:

"To live the pirate life, it's important to keep to the code (of course real pirates know to treat these rules more like guidelines, anyway.) Contained in this authentic handbook is the Pirate Code, as originally devised by the Brethren Court of pirate lords. Also included are topics detailing everything aspiring buccaneers need to know in order to command the respect of fellow scalawags and pursue their hearts' deepest desires. The Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy of films has created a rich mythology from which to draw the following pearls of wisdom:

• How to Swagger

• Captain Jack Sparrow on Honesty

• What to do When your Compass doesn't Work

• How to Lift an Aztec Curse

• How to Play Liar's Dice

• Elizabeth Swann's Additional Uses for a Wedding Dress

• How to bead your Hair and Beard

• Will Turner's Sword-fighting Tips

• Identifying the Parts of a Ship

• Pirate-to-English Dictionary

• How to ward off the Black Spot These indispensable tips will prove useful at sea or in port. Filled with the salty humor and lush dialogue from the incredibly popular movie trilogy, The Pirates of the Caribbean Guidelines provides instructional and humorous information—practical and nautical—accompanied by captivating full-color images of everyone's favorite pirates. "

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearc...23106547&itm=35

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I thought the Pirates Code "Guidelines" might have a few tid bits that fill the holes in AWE. The art looked fun and Borders had it on sale for a mere $9.95!

I haven't cracked it open for a read just yet but I'll let you know when I finish!

FOUND IT!!!!

by Joshamee Gibbs

(Looks like Mr. Gibbs wrote the Code  :lol: )

:lol:

I saw that in Borders the other day, and spent a good 30 minutes looking at it. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Over lunch I took a look at Borders...and didn't find this at all. I found a several other books on POTC including the one I mentioned, the Visual Guide (which I'm afraid failed to impress me overall - it looked too thin and cheap), several little paperback reader-type books about various characters, including one called - are you ready? - Force of Will! B) , and a really nice concept art book that had a faux tooled-leather cover. Actually, except for the really nice good color sketch of the undead Jack the monkey that I've never seen before, the cover seemed to me to be the most impressive thing about it. I'd seen a lot of the concept art elsewhere, although I admittedly only skimmed it. Plus, at $49.95...

However, I did find an awesome book on Stan Winston Studios called The Winston Effect: The Art & History of Stan Winston Studio that contained some remarkable photos of props and set-ups for various movies that Winston has been involved with. It was absolutely gorgeous and contained more of the kind of detail that interests me in a movie book. I may have to get that one.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I'm about half way through the book. It is a campy blend of movie trivia and history (enough to make those who favor Captain Twill fight'n mad!). Details include a few examples of knots and the parts on a ship.

Finished the book last night and it does include a few tid bits about AWE. It confirms in part what Lady Barbossa has been stating that Jack freed a slave ship and earned Beckets wrath. It mentions a few other ideas that help to fill in holes in the movies.

While not a great book it was fun! If you enjoy the movies (Give them a rating of 6+ out of 10) then this book is for you.

I'm about half way through the book. It is a campy blend of movie trivia and history (enough to make those who favor Captain Twill fight'n mad!). Details include a few examples of knots and the parts on a ship.

That was my take as well. Some nice illustrations, though, and it will be easy to read to the little pirate for bed time stories. Plus, he wants to be "Captain Jack's Dad" for Halloween, so this should come in handy :huh: