Teach's Hole

Captain Tito

Avast ye maties, but I've spent a few pieces at a mighty website known as Teach's Hole in NC.

The place, dedicated to one Blackbeard himself, sounds like a great Pirate shop and me thinks there be more there like an exhibit for the notorious one. Has any of ye dropped anchor at Teach's Hole?

How mighty be the place?

:unsure:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Aye - I've been twice. My first visit was back in '95, when it was not much more than a mom&pop exhibit/gift shop.

Then I stopped by again just this past summer, and it's STILL a mom&pop exhibit/gift shop - albeit a much better stocked gift shop and a much more thorough exhibit. The exhibit takes about 15 minutes to go through, and includes a small video. The gift shop is compact, but chock full of blackbeard stuff - bobble heads, beach towels, books, cds, t-shirts, I could go on, but you've seen the online catalog, so you prolly have a pretty good idea.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Lemme put it this way:I wouldn't recommend a trip to the Outer Banks just to visit Teach's Hole; but by all means, if'n ye DO make a trip to the Outer Banks, which I do recommend, I recommend you stop at Teach's Hole!

Ocracoke Island looked like a lot of fun; sorry that we couln't spend but a few hours there, in 2000.

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"