Pirates in Paradise 07 Nov 29 - Dec 2

I had to search around for a bit to find the dates for this... maybe we should have a stickied post for just event information...

Maybe there is one already, but I couldn't find it to bump.

So, for those looking for info about the EVENT itself, here you go

FROM THE WEBSITE

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2007

1:30 - 3 p.m. - "Authors, Artists & Historians Sail" aboard Topsail Schooner WOLF. Join Capt. Finbar and authors Sandra Riley and Norma Miller. Tickets: $50/person. Meet at the WOLF (1/2 hour prior to departure) at Key West Historic Seaport. Reservations required, call (305) 296-9694.

7 - 8 p.m. - El Meson de Pepe's Caribbean Pirates Buffet & Silent Auction, Mallory Square, 411 Wall Street. Join the pirates for this festive dinner. Reservations & info: 305-296-9694. Cost: $20 per person, $10 per person for children under 12. (NOT CONFIRMED).

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2007

10:30 - Noon - Tall Ship Sea Battle and Pirate Attack on Fort Taylor aboard the schooner Wolf. Tickets $50/person. Meet at the WOLF (1/2 hour prior to departure) at the Historic Seaport. Reservations required, call 305-296-9694.

10 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Fort Taylor Pirate Fest, Pirate Pub and Village Thieves' Market featuring living history pirate encampments, His Royal Majesty's Military Forces, period clothing, arts and crafts, pirate treasure and black powder weapons demonstrations. Entertainment includes strolling minstrels & combative stunt men inside Fort Taylor Historic State Park, end of Southard St. through Truman Annex. Call 305-292-6713 for more info. Festival Pass: $4/adults and $2/children under 12 with park admission.

*3-Day Weekend Pass $10/adults & $5/children under 12 with park admission.

10:45 - 11 a.m. - Fort Taylor Pirate Battle Land Force Artillery on Parade Grounds, Fort Taylor Historic State Park, end of Southard St. through Truman Annex. FREE with park admission. Witness the battle as the pirates fight against their mortal enemies, the British Red Coats. Call 305-292-6850 for more info. FREE with park admission.

1:30 - 3 p.m. - Tall Ship Sea Battle and Pirate Attack on Fort Taylor aboard the schooner WOLF. Tickets $50/person. Meet at the WOLF (1/2 hour prior to departure) at Key West's Historic Seaport. Reservations required, call (305) 296-9694.

2 - 2:15 p.m. - Fort Taylor Pirate Battle Land Force Artillery on Parade Grounds, Fort Taylor Historic State Park, end of Southard St. through Truman Annex. Witness the battle as the pirates fight against their mortal enemies, the King's Royal Marines. FREE with park admission. Call 305-292-6713 for more info. FREE with park admission.

3 - 4:30 p.m. - Walk the Plank Championship Sail aboard Topsail schooner WOLF. Tickets $50/person. Meet at the WOLF (1/2 hour prior to departure) at Key West's Historic Seaport. Reservations required, call (305) 296-9694.

3:30 - 4:30 p.m. - 3rd Annual National Walk the Plank Championships. Victims (uhh, contestants) will vie for the honor and glory of becoming the 2007 Champion as they dive to the watery grave off the Pier House, pleading for their miserable lives and competing for valuable prizes. Reservations required, call (305) 296-9694.

3:30 - 6 p.m. - Official End of America's Hurricane Season Beach Party at the Pier House Resort, One Duval Street. NOAA's weather forecaster Matt Strahan and his weather crew will be on hand to symbolically signify the end of this year's Hurricane Season.. FREE

5 - 6:30 p.m. - Tall Ship Sea Battle aboard the schooner Wolf. Tickets $50/person. Meet at the WOLF (1/2 hour prior to departure) at Key West's Historic Seaport. Reservations required, call (305) 296-9694.

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2007

10 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Fort Taylor Pirate Fest, Pirate Pub and Village Thieves' Market featuring living history pirate encampments, His Royal Majesty's Military Forces, Pyrate Tryal of Anne Bonny & Mary Read, period clothing, arts and crafts, pirate treasure, storytellers, fight circles, treasure hunts, black powder weapons demonstrations, and kids' pirate school. Entertainment includes strolling minstrels & combative stunt men inside Fort Taylor Historic State Park, end of Southard St. through Truman Annex. Call 305-292-6713 for more info. Festival Pass: $4/adults and $2/children under 12 with park admission.

11 a.m. - Noon - Historic Reenactment of the "Pyrate Tryal of Anne Bonny & Mary Read." Based on official trial transcripts of these infamous female pirates. Pirate Fest and Village Market inside Fort Taylor Historic State Park, end of Southard St. through Truman Annex. Call 305-292-6713 for more info. Festival Pass: $4/adults and $2/children under 12 with park admission.

1:30 - 3 p.m. - Tall Ship Sail & Pirate Attacks aboard Topsail Schooner Wolf. $50/person ($25/children under 12.) Meet at the Wolf (1/2 hour prior to departure) at Historic Seaport. Reservations required; call (305) 296-9694.

2 - 2:15 p.m. - Fort Taylor Pirate Battle Land Force Artillery on Parade Grounds, Fort Taylor Historic State Park, end of Southard St. through Truman Annex. Witness the battle as the pirates fight against their mortal enemies, the British Red Coats. Call 305-292-6713 for more information. FREE with park admission.

5 - 6:30 p.m. - Sunset Sails & Pirate Attacks aboard Schooner Wolf. Tickets $50/person ($25/children under 12.) Meet at the Wolf (1/2 hour prior to departure) at Historic Seaport. Reservations required, call 305-296-9694.

7 - 9 p.m. - Key West Lighted Holiday Parade. Join the scurvy pirates for this parade. Best viewing for this holiday-spirited parade is along Truman and Duval streets. FREE.

8 - Midnight - Queen of Swing Norma Miller's 87th Birthday Bash - A Tribute to the Legends of Jazz and Swing (location and details to be announced) Dance to the Big Band Sounds of Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Glenn Miller, Cab Calloway and other favorites...and see film clips from John Biffar's documentary on Ms. Miller, The Queen of Swing. (LOCATION TO BE ANNOUNCED)

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2007

10 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Fort Taylor Pirate Fest, Pirate Pub and Village Thieves' Market featuring living history pirate encampments, His Royal Majesty's Military Forces, period clothing, arts and crafts, pirate treasure, storytellers, fight circles, treasure hunts, black powder weapons demonstrations, and kids' pirate school. Entertainment includes strolling minstrels & combative stunt men inside Fort Taylor Historic State Park, end of Southard St. through Truman Annex. Call 305-292-6713 for more info. Festival Pass: $4/adults & $2/children under 12 with park admission.

1:30 p.m. - Tall Ship Sail & Pirate Attacks aboard Topsail Schooner Wolf. $50/person ($25/children under 12.) Meet at the Wolf (1/2 hour prior to departure) at Historic Seaport. Reservations required; call (305) 296-9694.

2 - 2:15 p.m. - Fort Taylor Pirate Battle Land Force Artillery on Parade Grounds, Fort Taylor Historic State Park, end of Southard St. through Truman Annex. Witness the battle as the pirates fight against their mortal enemies, the British Red Coats. Call 305-292-6713 for more information. FREE with park admission.

5 - 6:30 p.m. - Sunset Sail & Pirate Attack aboard Topsail Schooner Wolf. $50/person ($25/children under 12.) Meet at the Wolf (1/2 hour prior to departure) at Historic Seaport. Reservations required; call (305) 296-9694.

5 - ?? p.m. - Scurvy Crew Cast Party on the "Ramparts" inside the fort at Fort Taylor Historic State Park. (Private event not open to public).

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

8 - Midnight - Queen of Swing Norma Miller's 87th Birthday Bash - A Tribute to the Legends of Jazz and Swing (location and details to be announced) Dance to the Big Band Sounds of Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Glenn Miller, Cab Calloway and other favorites...

So how many of ye pirates and lasses can lindy without tripping over yer sword? :huh:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 1 month later...
8 - Midnight - Queen of Swing Norma Miller's 87th Birthday Bash - A Tribute to the Legends of Jazz and Swing (location and details to be announced) Dance to the Big Band Sounds of Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Glenn Miller, Cab Calloway and other favorites...

So how many of ye pirates and lasses can lindy without tripping over yer sword? <_<

Now I want to see the Lindy or even them Jitterbug without injuring themselves or anyone else.. :lol:

The schedules has been updated as of Aug. 8. Check it again for some changes.

Also, we will be inside the fort, not out on the beach this year.

Oh, and I'd love to see any of you keep up with Norma. She's got more energy than most half her age.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Last I heard the Port Royal Buccaneer camp was to be inside the fort and the 1720 Careening camp was to be on the beach in the shade of the trees. Unless Harry posts otherwise I plan to be in the shade and breezes on the beach.

Harry?

Yah.... I wanna camp in th' trees..... gots me hammoc all ready fer it........ :angry:

Insides th' Fort be nice.... just no place ter tie hammocs.......besides... th' ocean breezes make it more comfortable fer anyone campin' downwind O' me......... :huh:

(I'm hoping Hurricane was talking about the Buccaneer camp being inside of the Fort, and the Careening Camp outside in the trees.....)

As stated in the Fort Zachary Taylor updates thread, The port Royal camp will be inside the fort. The Mercury Careening Encampment and the Sutlers camp will be outside the fort near the beach. The Red Coat camp may be inside the fort and the Archangel crew has not yet decided.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpg

Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes... However, I believe the AA crew is to be camping in the fort.

Atleast that's what we were talking about this last weekend!!!

I know it's not PC, but I would assume there is electricty in the fort??? I'm just thinking about camera batteries and such. Plus if my missus brings her laptop we can edit and show folks the pics which were taken at Sunday's bash on the ramparts.... Well that would be pretty sharp wouldn't it!!!

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

There is power in the fort. Last year we posted a couple of "LIVE from PiP" posts on Rusty's laptop.

Damn pyrate hunters livin in the lap o' luxury...consortin' with redcoats...scoundrels all, says I.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I would personally love to see a diagram/ sketch or pics of the area we will be in of the fort and the location of the pub, showers and all that Sh-tuff. Especially if we are bringing in the kitchen sink and everything.

It would help us plan what we need and it's only a few months away!!!! :D

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

As stated in the Fort Zachary Taylor updates thread, The port Royal camp will be inside the fort. The Mercury Careening Encampment and the Sutlers camp will be outside the fort near the beach. The Red Coat camp may be inside the fort and the Archangel crew has not yet decided.

A small correction from Harry. The sutler's camp (i.e. Thieve's Market) will be inside the fort as in years past. The Mercury Encampment is on the beach under the trees.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

That would make sense since he's with the encampment. Far easier that scurrying back and forth between the thieve's market and the beach for the encampment stuff. Wear a poor guy out in the heat, it would...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny