Jack Sparrow's Ensign

Tartan Jack

Has anyone seen/have a pic of Jack Sparrow's flag at the end of At World's End?

I remember it is based on the "Avery" Flag with the sparrow from Jack's tattoo in red.

I am looking for a grap/pic/image of the flag used, so I can see the details (head straight or cocked back/bandana/wrap all the way around or like Jack's/etc).

My google searches have turned up NOTHING.

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

The "sparrow" isn't quite right on the large ensign. I drew the original, and the sparrow was copied from Johnny's tatoo. I'm sure you can find a good pic of that.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

14. 3 Chinese, 3 Islamic, 8 European

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

Thanks darlin' Bess. Skull Pyrate Carter found it on a photo site.

Capt. William Bones

question at the end of the movie why is the hispanic captian raising black beards flag

As for historic associations:

http://www.bonaventure.org.uk/ed/flags.htm

(Ed Foxe's site)

In short, MOST of the famous "pirate flags" have a dubious historical connection with their attribution.

ALSO, elsewhere in this Pop section, it was mentioned that at one time the "Pirate Lords" were to be based on "historic" GAoP pirates.

As said above, Billy Bones developed a number of "concepts" and Gore chose the ones he liked, for artistic reasons.

So, don't read to much into which flags are on which ship. It is all part of the "fun" of the film.

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg