California Dreaming

Returned home on Sunday from a very exhausting but fabulous vacation in California.

We did the Red Carpet at Disneyland and my guardian Angel and dear friend led us to the front row seats on the red carpet! We were able to get eveyrone's autograph, except for Jack the Monkey, close up pictures, hugs and kisses and adore Johnny from head to toe.

The photos are about the same as the press releases so there's no sense in posting them.

The next day we traveled to Whittier to do Marty Klebba's fundraiser. The line up started at 9am and the shop opened at noon. The line was estimated at 1000, well over what I had anticipated.

NewImage99.jpg

Vince Lozano, Treva Etienne, Maxie Santillan, David Patykewich were ready to go at noon but Marty hadn't arrived.

NewImagefgjhkkkg.jpg

Obviously something wasn't right, and David called Marty and kept leaving messages on his machine. Finally Marty called David and told him that he was in the emergency room hooked up to an IV. He was dehydrated from the Premiere and was violently ill. The doctor gave him a drug that Marty had an allergic reaction to and Marty had to get antihistamines on top of everything else.

By this time Lee Arenberg came in and he pulled the whole show together and with the boys, they signed all the fans autographs. The crowd fully understood about Marty's situation and no one complained. All were very concerned for his health and well being...

I was so busy with the fundraiser that I didn't see our special guest sneak in. Terry Rossio came in with his gal, her mom, his daughter and her boyfriend. What a treat for everyone! Marty was absolutely thrilled to know that Terry came in and all in all, we raised a lot of money for CoDA!

NewImage3h.jpg

We were all exhausted by the end of the day, but we managed to get some of the boys over to one of the girls homes for supper, where we spent the time chatting about the message of inspiration that POTC movies have given us.

Thursday we headed to the marathon at the El Capitan theatre and we caught up with Marty during the first intermission.

The second intermission I spoke with Mr. Dick Cook and he seemed amazed that we had traveled from all over North America to be there for the marathon. He called an assistant(?) over and he introduced us to her, Lyle Brauer. We spoke with her and then mentioned that we did a fundraiser for Marty and she said" Oh so you are the Martinis!" That was really nice of Marty to mention us.

Anyway, before we all left for home, we had lunch with Marty and presented him with the donations. He was overwhelmed with everything that was done for CoDA and I want to thank Pirates N Plunder, POTC INteractive Project, and all the fans for their generosity at the fundraiser. Just AWESOME...

and I loved the movie. Seen it 3 times so far and if the heat continues to swelter, I will be in the airconditioned theatre all weekend!

all my best!

kttcsignature.jpg

Thank you for the report and pictures. I am amazed to see the line to get into the store was so long.

Guess it's a good thing I didn't get to go, I would not have been able to stand in a line like that without my scooter.

Well, I guess we should have worked something out ahead of time -I wouldn't be able to stand that long either without my ankle swelling up...anyhow, you'll have another chance to meet Marty. Working on another meet and greet for Talk Like a Pirate Day in September. Not absolutely positively certain yet, but the idea has been tossed around.

kttcsignature.jpg