AWE screening observations....

Iron Bess

*POSSIBLE SPOILER*... but then again maybe not.

Please consider I am posting just from a place of utter exhaustion.

I feel I should post this simply becasue in a previous post I had said I liked this film so much.

Please, do NOT misinterprut this to mean I know longer like it. THat is NOT the case... howevever the screening last night and tonight have been re edited. With this re editing I found the film to be confusing in places where it had not been before.

Blame the time element, not sure what to blame but I wish they had let it lay the way it was.

Once the movie is released we could talk more it you like about what was changed.... it's still a great romp but just... less satisfying for me and I think it may be overwhelming for some without the explanations that are now missing.

Loads of laughs though still intact....

However, Lady Barbossa.... you'll be in Heaven B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

B)

Brilliant!

Aye, I am greatly lookin' forward to Barbossa's glorious return.

Tis not cheerful news when now th' story is less satisfactory for ye, Bess. B)

They reduce the time?

I would have been prefectly happy with 3 hours. Shoot! could have 6 hours and I'd still watch it!

Can't wait to see it next weekend!

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

No, No... it's still nigh onto 3 hours just about....

They just toyed with it to death I think.

It's still a terrific flick I just.... think to people who do not know the backstories that were removed, it will be harder to understand.

(Shrug) I may be wrong. And we have another whole week for them to put anything back they want.

But Babossa!! (chuckle) What a lad! Gets to kick some serious Pirate a**!

B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

But Babossa!! (chuckle) What a lad! Gets to kick some serious Pirate a**!

Ooooooo....

Bess... yer makin' me drool an' eager with anticipation!!!

B)

I'm lookin' forward t' seein' this installment of PotC. B)

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Sounds to me like a possible marketing trick? B) Maybe, I'm just suggesting that maybe they changed some of the movie so they can have a "Super Special Director's Cut Extended Edition." B) Not that I mind, just a thought.

Uhh.... no.

It's just a bad re edit. They seem to think it makes the movie tighter. It just takes away continuity as far as I can see.

B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

So will ye be at El Capitan early so I can get the back story. I don't mind spoilers. I like to peak at Christmas presents. :lol:

I'll be there.... :D

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

So will ye be at El Capitan early so I can get the back story.  I don't mind spoilers.  I like to peak at Christmas presents. :lol:

I'll be there.... :D

Wait a second, ye mean POTC III is good enough, that Herself is goin' fer a third public showin'?

Wait a second, ye mean POTC III is good enough, that Herself is goin' fer a third public showin'?

Herself gets' *paid* to be there mate.

The third time is not for self enjoyment but to hang with me crew mates as promised months ago.

I'm not above suffering for me friends. :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I saw the red carpet premiere yesterday on E. Geoffrey had the 'cursed monkey' on his shoulder. I guess she was his 'date' for the night. :lol: They made a cute couple.

Blame publicity.

She sat on his shoulder for pictures and he never really walked anywhere too far with her.

Rush was an unexpected gift anyway becasue he was originally not scheduled to be there. We just got lucky.

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I saw the red carpet premiere yesterday on E. Geoffrey had the 'cursed monkey' on his shoulder. I guess she was his 'date' for the night.  :lol: They made a cute couple.

Aye, so cute Geoffrey and the monkey were looking that day. Check out this pic of my friend Brandon, Geoffrey and little Chiquita :D :

l_7e3fa552de8dff9f6b9d100a4d12a4d2.jpg

Oh, btw, Bess, I sent you an email. Something I heard about the movie, a certain scene and I had a question about it.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

If the final cut removes all this backstory...hopefully they will include it in the DVD? At least as a nice deleted scenes extra? And hopefully not shilled with "Sponsored by Verizon!" :lol:

Sea Captain: Yar, that be handsome pete, he dances on the pier for nickels!

Sea Captain: Arrr... you gave him a quarter, he'll be dancin all day.

BY THE WAY...

Whatever you do.... STAY UNTIL THE CREDITS ARE OVER!!

There is a real kicker afterwards that makes the whole film make sense.

:lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I think $1,500.00 is way too much for a ticket, so I will wait till it comes out to theatre or even DVD.

Well, it's not like they paid $1,500 JUST to see POTC 3.

It was a charity event for MAKE A WISH, it was all tax deductable AND they got to meet some of the stars as well.

I think a few giddy girls think they got a bargan :huh:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I know one "NotSoLittleMermaid" who got to go to the red carpet. She's was ecstatic about going and I'm waiting for her 'trip report'. She was willing to pay the price and I, fortunate for knowing her, get to live vicariously through her and her spending. :huh:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I so cannot wait to see this movie! I've already been hearing from people I know who already saw it how awesome it is! How it's so much better than the 2nd movie and how Barbossa steals the show. I just knew it would be really good even before I heard anything from anyone. Those who have already seen it agree that the reason it did so well is because of Barbossa. He just makes it so enjoyable. It's also faster paced than the last movie, which also helps a lot. I'm going to the 8pm showing this Thursday, I'm so excited, it's going to be a lot of fun! :huh:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I gave NoSoLittleMermaid a picture of Liberte' and told her to give a shout out to her. I'm still waiting to see if there was stunned look on Liberte's face. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.