Shanties & Bawdy Tunes on CDs

The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire is extremely Pirate friendly. Their 2003 season reflected this most notably with a Pirate Weekend and with sea shanties taking a larger role in their Finale In Song. I picked up both the 2003 and 2002 CDs at the Faire this summer, and cannot stop playing them. They are fantastic!

The PA Ren Faire is now offering them for sale for $15 each, and they're well worth it. You can see the information here: PA Ren Faire

and you can order them by calling (717) 665-7021, ext. 129, or by stopping by the Carriage House Wine Shop at the Mt. Hope Winery, in Manheim, PA.

The track listings are:

SONGS OF SAILORS AND SIRENS (2003)

Wild Rover

Chandler's Shop

Red is The Rose

O Roy O

Mairi's Wedding

Caviar

Greensleeves

A Lass You Don't Meet Every Day

Mattie Groves

Wenches Free

The Mermaid

Sultry Sirens of Sin

Barley Mow

Parting Glass/Canaan's Land

(Hidden Bonus Track: Pay Me My Money Down)

FINALE IN SONG (2002)

All For Me Grog

Spanish Ladies

Wild Mountain Thyme

The Cuckoo's Nest

Santiago

Drunken Sailor

Mary Mack

A Health to the Company

South Australia

Mrs. McGraw

Auld Lang Syne/Canaan's Land

(Hidden Bonus Track: All For Me Grog -- Freeform Gospel Style)

:ph34r:

The Ren Fair that I always go to because IT'S IN MY OWN STATE had a _pirate weekend_ *this year*, and this was the one year in several that I _missed it_?!?!?!

Oh man. That's going to hurt for awhile. :D

I am now "Captain Charlotte Savvy." Sorry for any confusion -- I'll only be making this user-name change this once! :)

Oh man. That's going to hurt for awhile. ;)

You're not going to believe how piratical it has become. I'd say one out of every three costumed attendees was in pirate garb, and that is on a regular weekend! On Pirate Weekend the whole flippin' place went piratey! There's some links to Pirate Weekend at their website... PA Ren Faire Pirate Weekend... but it doesn't do the weekend justice!

*tries not to weep and fails* Oh man . . . all I can hope is that they have another pirate-ish themed weekend next year . . . SOB! ;) I can't _believe_ I missed it . . .

Sigh. ;-)

I am now "Captain Charlotte Savvy." Sorry for any confusion -- I'll only be making this user-name change this once! :)

• 2 months later...

Me first mate an' I set sail (over dry land) from NJ for Pirate Weekend in PA in September, an' it was a fine time, the only problem bein' the rain on Saturday. The place wasn't quite as jumpin' as I'd hoped, but we did see many pirates, an' we were stunned and amazed at the great deals at the pirate auction, the great deals on weapons in the pirate ship shop, and the great-looking pirates, wenches, and flower-girls at the faire!

We will be goin' back this year, ye can count on it, more than once if there be another PirateFest!!!!

Aaaaaaarrrrr! :lol:

Avast, ye limey lubber! Didn't ye think if Scarlet Jenny (Cutthroat Lass, Scourge o' the Seas, Deadly Duchess o' the Deep) hated ye, ye'd be sliced, skinned an' sunk to Davey Jones' locker? Aaaar! Ye would, and ye'd better start believin' it

tries not to weep and fails* Oh man . . . all I can hope is that they have another pirate-ish themed weekend next year . . . SOB!  I can't _believe_ I missed it . . .

Shame on ye, Charlotte!! Let's hope ye make it there this year!

Avast, ye limey lubber! Didn't ye think if Scarlet Jenny (Cutthroat Lass, Scourge o' the Seas, Deadly Duchess o' the Deep) hated ye, ye'd be sliced, skinned an' sunk to Davey Jones' locker? Aaaar! Ye would, and ye'd better start believin' it

The piratical dates for the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire are August 21-22! 'Tis also posted in the Raids forum...

I hope to be there, partakin' in the pillagin' and plunderin'!

Thar ya go lass.

As me mudder used to say:

"Stick with what ye do best!!!"

So ye best add to that list "Looking ravishing." Wouldn't want to disclude yer forte'....

:lol:

Pillage the village!!

Plunder from top t' down under!!

Booty...er....Duty? hm....Tooty frooty? P'tooty? Moody?

I'll get back t'ye on tha one.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Aye, Nigel, thank ye for remindin' me.

Make that:

I'll be partakin' in the pillagin' and plunderin', raidin', ransackin', riflin' an' robbin', all whilst lookin' ravishin'!

Nay, I'm not vain, am I?

Very nice, luv! Ye turn a phrase as well as ye turn heads! All whilst turning th' town poopside down!

Thar be a fine line 'twixt forthright honesty and vanity, doll. Yer just on the correct side of that line.

Ah, me dear sweet mudder be proud we be heedin' her advice.

:)

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"