Mack Town IL...

Rats

Oi folks! Some of the Archangel crew are going to the Macktown gathering in Rockton Illinois.

Gotta go now... but wanted to drop a quick mention in case anyone can go!!!

Got buttons to sew and arm holes to finish!!!

Need Sleep!!!

Take care

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Here's the info for anyone locally that might want to stop by

http://www.macktownlivinghistory.com/event...s.htm#girlscout

MacTown Gathering

Sat. April 28th, 9-5

Sun April 29, 9-4

Cost, $5 per person, under 6 years old free

We're looking forward to it, as always!

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

An after action report for the weekend???

Well lets see now.... I spent the weekend with the very worst of riff-raff and the weather was simply atrocious!! (Yeah right... It was next to perfect!!)

Somehow myself and some crew mates were forced to dance with a bunch of horrible (young and elder yet frisky) ladies.... (Of which I managed to pop a rib in my back out of place... Serve me right when it's two on one!!) :o

Then it was blade practice til about midnight!!! :P

Sunday I got shot in the face by a bunch of Frenchies, then right when I thought the worst was over, I got a double bayonet tickle... :o

Did I mention I got a 32oz tankard???? :lol:

Tag someone else's turn

sig2.jpg

Riff Raff! Watch it, I've got a spoon & I know how to use it!

Actually I do, thanks to a great suttler & nice long sword lesson. I can keep the boys in line & serve a meal. :lol:

We had*so* much fun. The only way it could have been better is if it never ended. I'm already starting the count down to the next one.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

I agree Chole!

Met some great folks!

I love the buildings at this place!! Perfect for future plans... Trial??? Hangings??? Raid on a smuggling ring?? Skirmishing etc!!

Next year it's camping for sure!! It'll probably snow!!!

Yes chole got a spoon and I got a pair of socks and.... Did I mention my 32oz tankard??

I got to shoot my blunderbuss, which fired flawlessly!!! :P

I also go to shoot another blunderbuss which was basically a swivelgun with a shoulderstock!!! :lol: Darn thing almost jumped out of my hands!

But it was a great weekend!!

:o

sig2.jpg

and what about that Queen Anne! I was even drooling over it :P

Oh and really good black licorice, that beautiful blue wool that I *have* to find something to do with and Chappy the horse whom the little swab loved.

I whole heartedly agree about how great the main house is for photos, as is the back garden & the riverfront. Really it's an amazing preserve, we're lucky it's so close.

Yes next year, camp. Then you boys won't have to choose between dinner & pretty girls. :lol:

Actually we were comming to an accord for next year with folks and also talking about the event in August.

Then got roped into dancing... After all... it's really the least we can do since you ladies always put up with all of our guy's & guns sh-tuff....

Actually... I was really liking the stone buildings!!!

They have that stone porch with the steps and such....and all of those side doors...

The porch would be perfect for an outdoor trial... The lower level doors would be great for an improvised goal/ stockade... Then we can have the gallows!!!

I actually talked to the fellow who plays Mr. mack and he loved the idea of a trial, gallows and hanging.... Just not sure if he's got any say in the matter... Oh well!

sig2.jpg

:lol:

Sounds like you all have a great time of it!

I have never been to that site, but it sounds like a great place to gather for a pyrate event.

Glad to hear that you all made quite the impression so we can come back next year....which I will look forward to.

Wish I was there!

Cheeky

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"