Pirate Festival - Belmont Pier

Lady Alyx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll be there on Saturday....

One of the Pirate groupss pirate group I troupe with, Port Royal Privateers will be there so look for the encampment in the sand!

(And all the bare foot Pirates!) :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

our local police , fire dept and Lifeguards will be on hand for tactical demos..

Eye see me showing up in garb..

Then Eye see the Tactical employments of the police putting me in the back of their car because of said costume! :lol:

Seriously it all sounds like a great bit of fun!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

There is Parking near the start of the Pier and next to the bike path.

Our encampment will be right between the bike path and the beach near the start of the pier. Look for the Kids area... we are running a treasure hunt!

I will only be there until 3pm however then off I must sail! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

There be a huge parkin' lot just east 'o the Olympic pool. It's well within walkin' distance to the pier.

The very one of which I speak! :unsure:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

The very one of which I speak! :lol:

Sorry Lass, I thought ye was speakin' 'o the old Belmont pier parkin' lot between the grocery store an the dive shop if they still be there. I doesn't think I ever seen an open space in there :lol:

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

Trust Terraserver a be makin' a liar of ya. Parkin' ta the east o' the pool used ta be free. I'd count on feedin' a meter there. Parkin' to the west 'o the pool is hidden behind a large apartment complex. It be a pay lot. The little postage stamp parkin lot by the store be almost empty. :ph34r:Long Beach pier and area

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

I found today the schedule wow I am impressed. Hope to catch some of you out there!!!!

Schedule

scroll down page until you see the layout and schedule...

Bess it shows where your encampment is going to be...hope to catch you out there!!

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

WOW, this was so much fun. Sorry Bess that we missed you we got there around 2:30 and went down to the end of the Pier first. Later we stopped by the Privateers and I asked a man there if anyone here was from pyracy.com and he looked at me like I was crazy.

The band was really fun and at the end there where 2 belly dancers...bonus!

Did anyone from here go?

Lady Alyx

I was there Alyx bouncing between the pier and the encampment. I always seem to miss you. The belly dancer with the long hair is a member of PRP. She is a very fine dancer indeed as is her teacher who was her dance partner.

I guess you asked the wrong guy about the Pyracy Pub. Can you described what the man looked like so I can inform him what the Pub is and who is on it so the next time he can let you know who's around? Did you get a chance to hear the Doxy Chicks? They were performing on the pier near the restrooms. They're great!

I had a great time as well despite getting terribly sunburned.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Hi Maria,

Yes we listened to the girls play they were very very good. They were right by Tiger Lee's booth. The man was an older gent around 50 something, large in stature and white hair. I asked " Is there anyone here from Pyracy.com?" He shook his head quickly 'no' and went back about his business of packing up the tent.

I just found out from a co-worker that was there earlier than I that the belly dancers performed more than once, and I thought we had caught something special at the end :huh:

I had a feeling one was teacher and one was student. I was almost going to bring my zills, I wish I had I could have played along with the dancers.

Did you see the Asian Jack Sparrow? With his jar of dirt...... :huh:

Lady Alyx

I and several of me lads were thar as well. It t'were a fun event and we look forward to it fer next year.

We even captured a couple of Royal Navy Lieutenants who's inspection tour were cut a might short! Arrr. They were fine lads though, they signed the articles and be workin for us now! :huh:

-Greydog

;)

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Alas, I went down Sunday (not in garb). The only pirates we saw were workin' in a few merchant booths.

Wish I had been able t' go Saturday.

Jacky, Oh yes much more a Pirate Theme on Saturday. I think Sunday was supposed to be more Surf.

Lady Alyx

Alas, I went down Sunday (not in garb). The only pirates we saw were workin' in a few merchant booths.

Wish I had been able t' go Saturday.

Jacky, Oh yes much more a Pirate Theme on Saturday. I think Sunday was supposed to be more Surf.

Next year it will be an all pirate weekend. It was DEAD on Sunday I hear.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency