Lawton Renaissance Festival

Greetings an Salutations!

Mark your calendars now, so's you don't forget, June 2, 3, 9, & 10 for the 2nd Annual Lawton Renaissance Festival in Lawton, Oklahoma.

Come on out and join us, The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, as we begin what is hoped to a long and happy performing relationship with this faire. We will be performing 4 shows per day "on stage" and 1 show per day at the Adult Smoker - we'll be debuting 3 new shows at this event - something you do not want to miss (espeically the show we've written espeically for the Smoker!) :blink:

Here's to seeing ya there!

Cap'n Emerald

P.S. Keep a weather eye out in the pages of the latest (Spring) issue of "The Pyrates Way" - you just might find some familiar faces (and names) within them. :P

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

So cool, i wish we had them.

I've been getting into Tudor age and the Dukes of Norfolk (4th one most of all) to the extend i listen to renaissance music all the time, have a gift tapestry with the coat of arms of the Dukes of Norfolk and have written to and received a reply from His Grace the 18th Duke of Norfolk.

I love the renaissance and wish we had renaissance fairs but it's mostly medieval here, which i love too by the way.

I can't wait to see pics from this fair :lol:

hero.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Charity - I too love the Renaissance period for several reasons - chief among them being it's easier to portray a female pirate when one can 'steal' men's Tudor pants rather than wearing a T-tunic! :( That's not to say, I have not done my fair share of early Briton and Medieval reenactment prior to finding my path to piracy.

NVBarbossa - Yes, tis true, right next to Fort S[t]ill! B) Does that mean that we shall be making your acquaintance in June?

Fair Winds ...

Cap'n Emerald

Ahoy there, Cap'n Emerald!!

The lovely Captain Jasper and I will be vending this year at Lawton!! :lol:<_<

I paid me fee and takin' me chances! I rented one of the new buildings near the entrance, according to the proprietor, and will be up there selling off me plunder.

So, drop by and say "ahoy"! And anyone who drops by and tells me they're "on the beam reach" will receive a handsome 15% off any one item!!

A fair wind to ye! Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Blackbead,

Excellent well! Glad to know we shall definately be graced with friendly faces at this event! It has been far to long since I clapped eyes on ya an your crew, mate.

Until a fortnight and a day passes,

Fair Winds an' Followin' Seas

Emerald

Aye, m'Lady, it be far too long since these sorry old eyes laid themselves on ye! And far too long indeed since I wore me garb and tread the boards of the mercantile line, don't ye know? Why, I haven't had me hat on me head since PyrateCon! And that be almost a month ago. Lucky for me, it is, that I'll be swaggering down the lanes of Scarborough Faire on the morrow. Spending gold instead of catching it, to be sure, but all's faire, as they say! Till June the first,

A Fair wind and a merchantman wallowing low to the scuppers to ye!

Blackbead

Ah such a shame that it has been so long since your hat has found perchase upon your crown!! Tis a grand thing you remedied that error this week's end past! :huh: And to be able to do so at such a fine shire as Scarby - it fair makes my heart bleed with envy, being as a pair of years has come and gone since last I walked those fair lanes. It is my sincere hope that you did make many a merchant smile by sharing your gold with them.

We had adventures of our own a week past - we did invade the shire of Castleton and set about carousing and enjoying ourselves. We are planning to raid another shire this coming weekend of Memorials - though we be headed north an east this time to the shire of Petit Lyon near to the port city of Saint Louis for some "R & R" before we head south an west for Lawton.

May the winds blow ya gently to a sweet port.

Until next we meet,

Emerald

Blackbead's Show Special!![/SIZE]

Drop by me market at the Lawton Renaissance Faire for a special deal. For this Faire, the pass be "on the beam reach." Use the phrase when ye come by me booth and receive 15% off any one item! That includes jewelry, replica flintlocks, treasure chests, and MORE! See ya at the Faire!

Blackbead

Shadoes dear, you must be more careful! Hernias are NOT good at all and to have three already this year!! Take care of yourself, get rest (if you can) and we'll see you at the next fest.

Emerald

Shadoes dear, you must be more careful! Hernias are NOT good at all and to have three already this year!! Take care of yourself, get rest (if you can) and we'll see you at the next fest.

Emerald

Here's a odd twist for you.. surgeon says no..not a hernia.. kidney stone... so on the bright side don't have to give up anything activity wise... on the down side.. I shall spend time crying like a baby hehe. But hey.. this to shall pass...(badabum)

But hey.. this to shall pass...(badabum)

Oh, Oh, Oh! Bad Pirate ... No Rum for you!

Seriously, glad to know it isn't a hernia. And I am *so* very sorry to hear it's a kidney stone. :rolleyes: That nearly as bad a prognosis as a hernia! You definately have my sympathies, my friend.

May your ordeal end quickly.

Will be thinking of ya this weekend while at fest.

Emerald

:lol:B):huh:B):huh:B):huh:B):huh:B):huh:

The hold is filled to overflowing with swag! The Adventure sets sail for Lawton at the turning of the tide! Come see us at the Faire!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It was hot, hot , hot! In more ways than one! For a second year faire, this event was very well attended and VERY well put on. The entry fee was reasonable, the food was exceptionally reasonably priced, and there was enough going on all the time for the folk visiting to have a great time. This faire has a lot of potential and will become a yearly port o' call for the Adventure! See ya next year!!