Happy Easter!

Jacky Tar

Though it doesn't feel much like Easter (temps here in the low 40s this weekend)...I can say that at least the sun is out and small furry things are running about the lawn (no, not children)!

To all of you I wish a very Happy Easter. Be safe, be well...and God Bless you all!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Happy Easter as well!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Time to make rabbit stew! Whoo-hooo! :lol:

Rumba, not until after he's delivered the goods, luv! (Bloody pirate!)

Save the pelt so that Cheeky Actress and I can make earmuffs! Windchill here right now is -12 degrees Celsius.

'S a wonder the poor bunny didn't freeze solid on his egg delivery route!

Anyhow, I've got my chocolately plunder already (is it only we pagans who start indulging on the Friday?) ... so go ahead and cook the furry little blighter now if you can catch 'im, Rumba! (And save me a leg! Preferably stewed in port wine with onions.)

Here's an Easter e-card that a friend sent to me this morning:

easter.JPG

Hope you are all enjoying the holiday!

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Wonder if there was ever a jewish pirate?

Yah... there were..... it was posted in Twill......

Sorry to be a bummer... I just keep thinking about crusified bunnies....

one of these days I'll do a cartoon about that......

I'm a half assed Christian... and the bunnie bit kinda makes me wonder.... (sure Bunnies ..... having lots of sex... Pagain bit about Spring....) But Why have we comerlcelized our Holy /Holidays so much ?

Easter is the celibration of the resirection of Christ.....

It is also a Pagain celibration of the rites of Spring.... (that's where all the bunnies and eggs come into it.......

Awh ... heck... I'm just in a confused mood..........

Awh ... heck... I'm just in a confused mood..........

You?

Imagine all the poor little kiddies - thinkin' that the Disciples skipped around cradling baskets on Easter, hiding eggs and leaving candy for good little boys and girls...

All very confusing, I agree.

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

Easter... the other day driving home i said to my pirate man... Easter.. isn't that Jesus b-day? i know it's not... but my brain has been so scrambled lately ... :lol:

i'm not Christian... i'm Buddhist.. but having a degree in Religious History u'd think i'd have realized what i was saying...

he just laughed and said... like the good Anglican he is... ahhh.. no babe.. that's Christmas... lol :lol:

anyway... Happy Easter to all who celebrate :huh::huh::huh:

~QM Seika Hellbound~

We ain't no stinking Parrots!!!"

piratepenguins.gif

Easter... the other day driving home i said to my pirate man... Easter.. isn't that Jesus b-day? i know it's not... but my brain has been so scrambled lately ... :lol:

i'm not Christian... i'm Buddhist.. but having a degree in Religious History u'd think i'd have realized what i was saying...

he just laughed and said... like the good Anglican he is... ahhh.. no babe.. that's Christmas... lol :lol:

anyway... Happy Easter to all who celebrate :huh::huh::huh:

Well, actually Christmas is not really when he was born either. It's a pagan holiday until the Christians decided to change things hundred of years ago. Good Friday is when he supposedly died and then Easter Sunday is when he rose. Yeah, okay, anyway......it's not exactly been proven when he was born, some have thought some time in the spring. Eh, whatever, lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

thinking outloud) Wonder if there was ever a jewish pirate?

To all ye Jewish mateys out thar, we shouldn't forget to wish ye all

a HAPPY PASSOVER!!

Happy Easter to all ye who celebrate too!!

To all in the calendar debate, tis confusing isn't it.

Ye all be right about the "actual" dates not bein right when we celebrate.

What we celebrate today was set on the dates by the early Christian Church to coincide with pagan celebrations. Easter moves each year because its placed on the first Sunday after the first moon of the vernal equinox. The Orthodox churches have a different formula for when Easter is. This year, both happen to be on the same Sunday.

Passover moves for the Jewish faith too, but I can't be sure as to the formula there either.

No matter what the dates be, everyone's faith in what they believe is what matters most.

Here's to ye all!! :lol:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Easter moves each year because its placed on the first Sunday after the first moon of the vernal equinox.

*OOOOOOOOps, sorry that should be the first Sunday after the first FULL MOON after the vernal equinox. :lol:

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Easter...  the other day driving home i said to my pirate man...  Easter.. isn't that Jesus b-day?  i know it's not...  but my brain has been so scrambled lately ... :huh:

he just laughed and said...  like the good Anglican he is...  ahhh.. no babe.. that's Christmas...  lol :huh:

anyway... Happy Easter to all who celebrate :huh:   :huh:   :huh:

Well, actually Christmas is not really when he was born either. It's a pagan holiday until the Christians decided to change things hundred of years ago. Good Friday is when he supposedly died and then Easter Sunday is when he rose. Yeah, okay, anyway......it's not exactly been proven when he was born, some have thought some time in the spring. Eh, whatever, lol!

DOB for jesus.. is believed to be in early june sometime... which would oddly enough still be spring.. and no where near the pagan celebration of yule..lol :huh:

~QM Seika Hellbound~

We ain't no stinking Parrots!!!"

piratepenguins.gif

:huh: I'm so confused. Can we just go back to talking about chocolate Easter bunnies, and marshmallow peeps?

Happy Easter to all! :huh:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

DOB for jesus.. is believed to be in early june sometime... which would oddly enough still be spring.. and no where near the pagan celebration of yule..lol
I'm so confused.

Aye it just be a matter of giving everything a time for us to celebrate.

After all, the calendar we know wasn't even in practice back then.

Look at Thanksgiving. We know not that it was celebrated in late November. It was placed on the 4th Thursday much later to coincide with the upcoming holiday shopping period.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>