I want candy!

Caraccioli

(Re-creating yet another topic that appears to have been deleted last year. :huh: )

I was just enjoying a Butterfinger candybar when it occurred to me that I used to really dislike Butterfinger candybars. I liked Kit Kats or Twix or Whatchamacallits. Now I like Butterfingers. That got me to thinking about the candy thread we used to have (which is now gone apparently) and ruminating on candy.

Candy thoughts or memories anyone?

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Reese's Peanutbutter Cups

M&M's - Loved the white chocolate POTC ones! :huh:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Here you go!

Your dreams can come true...

Bubblegum cigars, candy cigarettes and more.

For me it was Fizzies. Soft drinks in Alka Seltzer style tablets... Root beer is by far the best.

Enjoy!

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/CandyList.htm

-- Huricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Hallowe'en kisses -- the really dark molassesy kind. If you can find kisses at all anymore, they're anaemically pale toffee.

Oh, and I just discovered that Laura Secord has a new Easter Egg flavour this year: Caramel Fudge Pecan! The bunny laid a beauty this time!

And, of course, the thread header makes me think of a different type of "candy" ... immortalized in Bow Wow Wow's song, "I Want Candy":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOErkDX5ViA

... hmmm... that bassist was pretty 'sweet'!

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Oh! Hester I love that song!

Made me want a mohawk in the 80's lol

Candy...

From childhood..

Strawberry shoelace liquorice

Necco chocolate wafers

pez

Grown up? mmmm

Dark chocolate..mmmmmmmmm :huh: sinfully dark...

Not much of a candy eater...like M & M's, red hots, non pareils, and dark chocolate covered raspberries or strawberries..

OOh then theres a good chocolate smeared kiss...hmmmm

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

OMG.. Bow WoW WOW..! Man eye was 20 something back then.. Tat goes way back...

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 2 years later...

You know, I was thinking about Gummi Bears this morning... (That's all. Further bulletins as conditions warrant.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Candy thoughts or memories anyone?

Two things:

candy cigarettes.

bubble gum cigars.

I can't find them anywhere anymore.

We have those down here..just saw a pack of cigarettes yesterday..those and the candy lipsticks! However Im with Rumba..good ol Salt Water Taffy. Love the stuff. About five years ago I was turned on to a choclate that goes by Lindt and they have truffles to die for!

I miss the PB Max though..those were good....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I've really become a fan of Vosges chocolate with Himalayan salt bars.

Can't say that I've tried them. But maybe I will.

And although I prefer dark to milk chocolate, these have a respectable 41% cacao content.

I've gotten used to the upper 80% range for dark chocolate. Lindt makes one that is 87% as I recall.

Last time I took the family to Hershey we stopped in the new museum/chocolate shop. They sell the most awesome drinking cocoa. Hold on...

http://www.hersheystory.org/chocolate-tasting/

Yum!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Yes, of course I love taffy from the shore.... Anyone remember the candy lips?the huge ones you can bite on and then you look like Angelina? lol. I like "magic sticks" too, they are the rainbow stick candy that are blended, you get them at museums and historical events. they are soooooo tasty...

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

PS. I dont know if mallomars count as candy but they are really good too!

PS. I dont know if mallomars count as candy but they are really good too!

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

Oi Blackjohn - that Old Time Candy store has the British version of the Marathon bar - apparently it's supposed to be just the same (albeit with better chocolate...)

Old Time Candy - Curly Wurly

And Ghiradelli makes a 99% cacao bar - yes, I've had it. Extremely intense chocolate flavour, not sweet. I usually like my chocolate extra bittersweet as well, in the 80% range.

RHJMap.jpg

Anyone remember the candy lips?the huge ones you can bite on...

I remember those. They were terrible! :ph34r: They used to have ones with vampire fangs in them at the local general store. (We had a local general store when I was a kid - with musty wood floors, long wood and glass counters and great big glass jars of penny candy. It burned down. *Sigh*)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oi Blackjohn - that Old Time Candy store has the British version of the Marathon bar - apparently it's supposed to be just the same (albeit with better chocolate...)

Old Time Candy - Curly Wurly

Awesome! Jill, you totally made my day! Thanks!!!

And Ghiradelli makes a 99% cacao bar - yes, I've had it. Extremely intense chocolate flavour, not sweet. I usually like my chocolate extra bittersweet as well, in the 80% range.

I'm pretty sure I've had that one too. I remember thinking about the time I tried eating baker's chocolate as a kid. I bet I could do it now without flinching!

:ph34r:

And again, thanks!!!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

My childhood favorite was - hands down - Zagnut. Toasted coconut over a Butterfinger-like crunchy peanut butter. Almost everyone else I knew hated them. So many people can't bear even the thought of coconut - Red Bess for example. I think she throws up in her mouth a little every time I mention it.

And now, after my gastric bypass, I'll probably never have another Zagnut, or any other high-sugar content stuff. I had a sugar donut a few months ago and got a bit hypoglycemic, so I avoid sugar as much as possible now. If I could just find a single Halloween sized Zagnut, I could probably handle that. My eyes are peeled...

I keep thinking about all the 'tryed and true' candies that have been around since I can remember:

Some of my favs are:

The Charleston Chew candy bar

Necco wafers

but the all time fav...

Chunky Candy bar with nuts

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I like licorice, so for me it was Good & Plenty, and licorice whips (not the whimpy red ones, but the tough black ones.)

For the movies, I used to love to get a big box of MilkDuds, since I like the caramel/chocolate combo. And, my Grandfather always brought us kids bags of Kraft Caramels, which were soo good.

Another chocolate/caramel combo I like, is See's dark chocolate molasses chips. Yum! :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 3 weeks later...

wow..Cheeky, I was just hitting "Reply" to post Necco wafres...didnt theink anyone would remember them..remember the chocolate ones?

When I was a kid in Phoenix, we had real strawberry shoestring licorice. Swedish fish too. But licorice drives up the blood pressure, so I don;t partake anymore :)

However, Andies candies...mmmm

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...