Clothing......Question

Hmmm...not to sound ah, blunt or anything, but I would start over. Cloth is wrong, cut is wrong. There is no turning this into a presentable frock coat. Sorry about that. Now go to Reconstructing History and get started right. Better to spend your money once and be correct and able to "go Hollywood" too, than to go Hollywood and not be correct.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Alex,

It really depends on what you're looking for. If you want a historically-accurate, or even quasi accurate coat, then Captain Jim is right - no amount of work will help with that coat you got.

BUT...

You didn't specify your needs and intentions, which can make a difference. If you're looking for a costume suitable for pirate-themed parties and such - the sort of events frequently attended by folks wearing stuff from Oriental Trading or a skull&crossbone T-shirts, then there might be hope for that coat yet. There's lots you could to to better "piratify" it, and make for a fun costume piece that blows the other guests out of the water.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

If you own the jack already, why ruin something that's good as is for something it wasn't meant to be.

Save this for when you need to hunt zombies, vamps and techno trolls!

Buy about $20 - 30 bucks worth of linen or wool and make your own...

OK now listen up mate because this is real important.......

I C-A-N-'T sew either!!! Yet I figured out how to make the basics....

If mom has an old machine or if you have to do it by hand.... It will be worth it.... Not to mention when folks in the know see it, they will appreciate the hand stitches, even if they're not perfect..

What size are you???

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!