New Osprey Pirate Book

I haven't looked at it either but I think you mean "Pirate Ship, 1660-1730" by Angus Konstom Osprey Pub. Co. ISBN 184176473. The one review on Amazon.com siad it was disappointing but still gave it 3 stars.

Jamaica Rose have you seen a review copy yet?

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

I have bought this one and read it. There's a fair degree of overlap between it and Konstam's previous Osprey book, Pirates: 1660-1730, but I still found it well worthwhile, especially for the beautiful illustrations that Osprey is so good at providing. Lots of new information on the Adventure Galley and the Fiery Dragon, plus much more detail on Captain Edmund Condent than I have encountered anywhere else.

Like all Osprey books, this one is short, so there's no space to include small technical details or info on sailing techniques of pirates. That's the other major drawback.

For the price, I would say it is definitely worthwhile.

Yes, for the price, the pictures, and any additional information ye may glean therefrom, you can't go wrong buying any Osprey books that might catch yer fancy.

I've got to agree, when it comes to anything to do with military, weapons or tactics, they maybe small but Osprey packs alot of information into such a small book.

Makes me want to go out and add to my library just thinking about it. :ph34r:

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

• 2 weeks later...