So. Cal Ren Faire

Lady Alyx

I hope no one was there last weekend...

Since it starts THIS weekend on APril 7th...

Lot's of fun to be had though. ;)

Me, I'll be there on and off. <_<

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The Misses And Eye went this last week end and had blast.. The entertainment was great.. I dug on the washing well wenches and the Wives of Windsor,

MooNIE the Magnificeint took the cake though... There few pirates though we were in our garb...Great place for finds.... :mellow:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

True enough....

This weeks end be the PIRATE days of Southern Faire.

Come on out if'n you can and find some plunder. Only one real pirate booth but other gee-gaws are to be had and the shopping was good for me last week.

I will be there this week as well and on the look out for anyone else I might know.... I'll be in the black Barbossa baldric with a custom sword that is bronze with roses and thorns on the hilt. No one else will have it so it will be m'self and no other.

Step up and say HI!! ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

No neither I nor Pirates of Treasure Cove will be there. Sorry, S. Faire sucks. ;)

I know the parent group of our group Biggins is there (with a few members of PoTC), but after all the crap I've heard over the first weekend, I question they'll do it again..... '

Clothing Nazi, Frieda, who is head of the costuming there is so full of shyte, she ought to have her head chopped off...... ;)

Frieda and I go waaaaayyyyy back....I don't think there's anyone left who knows her would back her anymore....

'nuff said..... ;)

No neither I nor Pirates of Treasure Cove will be there. Sorry, S. Faire sucks. ;)

I know the parent group of our group Biggins is there (with a few members of PoTC), but after all the crap I've heard over the first weekend, I question they'll do it again..... '

Clothing Nazi, Frieda, who is head of the costuming there is so full of shyte, she ought to have her head chopped off...... ;)

Frieda and I go waaaaayyyyy back....I don't think there's anyone left who knows her would back her anymore....

'nuff said..... ;)

Uhh... having a bad day are we Rumba?

Besdies, if you go as a patron you do not have to WORRY about Frieda.

Why let her ruin it for you? The best revenge is to go and wear what you like and not have her be able to do one dam* thing about it. I would think you'd love that! She has no say over what patrons wear.

Ever. ;)

Besides, Southern Faire does NOT suck. ;)

I had a wonderful time last week!! ;)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Step up and say HI!!    ;)

Hi!!!

I'll see ye at the faire.

(chuckle)

Yes, I know you will.... you'll see sweet Olenader and Bella Donna too!

(And the Gods know who else...)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Oh come on Rhumba please go...I was hoping I could finally meet with you. (Did we have conversation about bodice lacing in another thread, cause I have something to report on that :lol: )???

Bess I will do my damdest to find ya....I am going to try to rustle up beau to get there early this year! I will be in more of a gypsy tribal garb and you could most assurdly find me at Traders Market stage for the middle eastern music and of course when the Belly Dancers are on stage!

Asakaru and Jacky hope to see ya too...and anyone else here from the pub!!! :lol::P;)

pssst Rhumba what was up about the garb?

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

I worked the costume department the first year S. Faire was in San Bernadino.

I've got horror stories that would make your eyes crossed!

I've continually heard worse and worse and went once when it moved to it's current location...sorry it sucks. I stick to my guns on that one.

"I won't waste my money on an over-priced swap meet", - as a guest said to me last weekend at the Escondido faire after seeing what Escondido offered and added, "This faire is sooo much better that S. Faire."

The Escondido Ren-faire is ten times better! :lol:

I felt like I were part o' the Pirate Queen's entourage t'day.

Iron Bess was wearin' her new garb t'day, an everywhere we went, folks wanted a picture wit' her. Aye, she dazzled 'em.

The faire was grand too, but there were more renfaire types than pirates!

I felt like I were part o' the Pirate Queen's entourage t'day.

Iron Bess was wearin' her new garb t'day, an everywhere we went, folks wanted a picture wit' her. Aye, she dazzled 'em.

The faire was grand too, but there were more renfaire types than pirates!

So, do we get to see some pictures of Herself in her garb - dazzling all the mundanes? :blink:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Didn't get to move around very much on Saturday since I was with the Guild of St Ives as one of their ladies of negotiable affections for the day :)

Spent the day pretty much getting into 'catfights' with the other girls and dozing on the porch. The weather was actually really nice.

My beau and I will be back next weekend wandering around.

• 2 weeks later...