KidsPlay's PirateFest

KidsPirate

If you're a pirate in the central Indiana area, you should set your sights on KidsPlay, Inc.'s "PirateFest" on April 28th from 4-9 p.m. at the HJ Ricks Centre for the Arts at 122 West Main in Greenfield, Indiana (latitude 39.79N, longitude -85.8W). Events featured include an encore theatre presentation of "Jolly Roger and the Pirate Queen" by Craig Sodaro, musical performances by sea shanty group Bounding Main, good food, pirate gear, face painting, crafts, a sword-fighting demonstration, an art exhibit, and a pirate fashion show.

For more information, e-mail Cap'n Chris at KidsPlayInc@mac.com or log on to http://web.mac.com/KidsPlayInc/ and click on the PirateFest link for a ticket order form.

Be ye forewarned, this event WILL sell out, so don't be left in port when this fun ship sails!

Arrggh! I've seen the play an' the players and it's a fantastic cast! And 'Bounding Main' will also be There! What's not to love about this pairing. I'll be there an' all me mates too. Be sure to get tickets early,cause 'Bounding Main' will be singing!

Capn' Harker

Aye, Harker, the kids are most definitely at their best in this one. The great thing about PirateFest, however, is that their performance is only one of the many fun activities that are happening here. I have to say I'm most excited about the pirate costume contest. That should bring out all the fun-loving buccaneers, for sure, matey!!

sounds like a good show! An' Boundin' Main be goin' t' be thar? They's me favorite squadron! They sin' wonderful sea songs which I love! An' I hear thar`s goin' t' be a big ship from another board, be this true? If so, I be excited t' be seein' a ship in a theatre once an' fer all!

Ya bilge rat whut deserves the spot!

:blink:

There is something about costume contests that people just love. That and parades. As a director of mine (at a large theme park) once said, "Oh, I'm just QUEER for parades!" Be that as it may, everyone loves both, and I'm glad to know you're having the costume event.

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com

Aye, we commandeered the ship from Cap'n Hook himself--cleared out the fairies, the Indians, those blasted lost boys and one smelly crocodile. Now the ship is our own--the Captain's quarters, an upper deck, a ship's wheel, and a brass bell for to summon the crew. A worthy vessel indeed.

Are ye tryin' to corrupt these kids, or just givin' 'em a good pirate trainin'?

Is this play and piratefest for kids, or is it geared toward all ages? I've seen this childrens theater group before, and liked that they make it fun for big kids (adults) and children - I hope this trend continues.

Cap'n Chris,

You've certainly done your work to spread the word amongst your community to talk about this event in the Pyracy Pub. You and your mates should fill out your signatures in your profiles so we all know how to address you in future.

Are you going to make a follow-up trip to Port Washington after PirateFest closes?

Dean Calin

(Cap'n Jake)

Bounding Main

www.boundingmain.com