Making my name

Silent

Which name do you like more  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which name do you like more

• John Raven
    • Raven McKay

John Raven is nice but for some reason it does make me think of Jack Sparrow because of the bird thing.

I was thinking that as well and I really want to stay away from Jack. I like Raven because the raven is a big powerful bird and some say the raven carrys peoples souls, and when you hear McKay it just blends together nicely.

So more less I could be that pirate that will carry away your soul if ye be crossin blades with me.

You could be "Raven Maniac"...? B)

Kidding aside, I like the sound of "John Raven." There's a sort of, well, ring to it, like the toll of a big bell. Somehow it sounds more rooted in history, less of a 21st-century pirate "stage name," as it were.

You could be "Raven Maniac"...? B)

Kidding aside, I like the sound of "John Raven." There's a sort of, well, ring to it, like the toll of a big bell. Somehow it sounds more rooted in history, less of a 21st-century pirate "stage name," as it were.

Very ture...hmmm

John Raven sounds more to the period.... B)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I agree with the three name option!

You can be subtle when in "proper" company or when trying to be a different personna and use the Jonathan Mckay title...

I personally was going to use Raven Riley, when I first started at the pub. (Years ago I even had a huge "Nevermore!" written on my vehicle, when I served with Uncle sam. Not surprisingly enough, a lot of grunts had no clue what that meant...)

However it turns out there is an "entertainer" using that name and steered away and I went with Rats.... Jacob Reiley

Jonathan Mckay, sound more professional! John Raven can easily be used as a working name... IE Boot strap Bill.

Also John Raven has an almost native american sound, which I like!!

rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

I agree with the 3 name theory. I know it works for me! My screen name here is Silkie McDonough but my character's name is Murin (MEER-een) McDonough. It gives me more options having a given name and a nick name.

Johnathan Raven McKay. Raven can be used as either a given name or a nick name. The given name could be either native American or the sir name of your mother ...or both. ...or all three!

On the other hand, since a lot of pirates didn't use their real name to hide their identity, why not just go with one name - "Raven." Let your deeds make the name your own. Or stick an adjective on it if you need to - "Raven Quick" or "RedRaven."

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Could also be some interpetational problems wi' the word Raven. As a single word it be accepted as "raven, black bird". Spoken as the first of two it could be misconstrued ta be "ravin' " as in village psyco.

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

course most nicknames came from a derogatory remark from someone else...or a inside joke...then played off a name from there...ie Big Nosed Kate....tiny...Big Slim....Blackbeard...mine i got neearly 15 years ago...woke up after a night of drooling ...spittle in my goatee...everyone 'round the campfire said i looked like a damn mad dog...nickname stuck ever since...just added a name to explain...instead of just sayin that i gots me a droolin problem ;)

but i do agree that names are important....people will judge you by yer name...cant help it...thats just what we do....could always wait after a night of drynk...and jsut see what others end up callin ye...but then you might end up with "scuttle bucket jim"...or "ravin' mad jack"...hey...kinda like that last one..... :lol:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

instead of just sayin that i gots me a droolin problem :rolleyes:

ROTDLMBAO... I did NOT know this! :rolleyes:B)B)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

now Jack "ravin' mad" McKay has a nice ring to it....course i kinda like silient jack too....kinda creepy and mysterious...like he got his throut cut by ole silient jack...should da known better to have crossed that thar Jack "ravin mad" McKay.... :blink:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg