Gun belts

Silent

Hey all, so I'm finally getting my swag together! Now that I can afford it. Now I don't want to be a pretty boy pirate, I'm going for fear here. I want to care around 10 pistols on my person, a few on the side but I want my main display to be a belt going over my chest area that holds around 5-6 pistols.

I'm thinking I can make this by sewing leather holsters onto it but if I can find one already made it would make things so much easier.

They stay pretty well actually, the holsters are tapered and are a pretty tight fit, I usually prefer measurements of the gun barrels if possible to insure the perfect fit and if you prefer I can add ties to the top of each holster for a little extra insurance that these babies don't go anywhere. I can't say it isn't a little heavy and cumbersome but that's a huge arsenal to be carrying across your chest, If Blackbeard really carried 6 pistols and a sword that way he must have had a mighty big torso. So, I wouldn't reccommend running a marathon in this but for the look and functionality it is pretty effective.

They stay pretty well actually, the holsters are tapered and are a pretty tight fit, I usually prefer measurements of the gun barrels if possible to insure the perfect fit and if you prefer I can add ties to the top of each holster for a little extra insurance that these babies don't go anywhere. I can't say it isn't a little heavy and cumbersome but that's a huge arsenal to be carrying across your chest, If Blackbeard really carried 6 pistols and a sword that way he must have had a mighty big torso. So, I wouldn't reccommend running a marathon in this but for the look and functionality it is pretty effective.

Well, according to some accounts I've read, Blackbeard stood 6'-4" tall, so I'd say that counts as a pretty big torso...LOL! Of course I am also that exact same height, but I don't feel that I'm huge or anything... B)

Nice work on those holsters! :huh:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

• 5 weeks later...

Aye mate, it looks nice, but I'm too old and too lazy to tote around all that metal and wood and leather! :lol:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

• 2 weeks later...

This seemed like a fitting thread to post this in. I'm curious to what other people think. My wife thinks it is cool, I hope she does. Why marry someone if they don't think some of the things you do are cool? This was my first leather project I completed a couple weeks ago. I tried to keep a period feel to it, as if it could be possible.

Thanks, Pogue

493865712_4cbb1622fe_d.jpg

493912511_51825c78a5.jpg

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.

capt pogue , very nice lots of detail and a cartridge pouch to boot and rod holder, kewl

Yea I will be agreeing with that. Also may I ask.., what is that running up and down with the barrel length.,a ramrod holder? there is what looks like a brass tip on the top of it tho., like a powder primer? (Awesome Job)

The same for the pistol baldric., nice stuff !!

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Thank you. I've been working on it for the past four months.

Aye, it is a ramrod holder. Me pistol doesn't have one. It's not a real ramrod, I cobbled it together from a dowel rod and lamp pieces. I call it me 1711 tactical holster. It's carried on a waist belt and has another belt to secure it to me thigh. I'm looking to find just the right primer flask so I can afix some more straps to hold it on.

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.