Okay, I'm registered.

The Chapman

Registration should not have been so much trouble for me, and I'm obviously too tired for this. I'll post a bio later. Right now I'm on, glad to be here, and hpoefully I'll be more coherent tomorrow. Thank you very much.

Pauly caught a bullet

But it only hit his leg

Well it should have been a better shot

And got him in the head

They were all in love with dyin'

They were drinking from a fountain

That was pouring like an avalanche

Coming down the mountain

Butthole Surfers,

PEPPER

Welcome aboard and may the stay be a long and pleasant one.

Of course...pleasant for a pirate might be "screaming masses of merchant sailors diving into the sea as you burn their ship to the waterline", because 'pleasant' is such a relative term.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

welcome aboard....there be plenty of insomniacs here bouts

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Thanks for the welcome.

Pauly caught a bullet

But it only hit his leg

And got him in the head

Coming down the mountain

Butthole Surfers,

PEPPER

Don't you just hate a guy who talks too much? :ph34r:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Welcome to the pub! Pull up a chair and have yerself a drink... ;)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

RAY.. pour me a Guinness and see if the new chappy will pay for it. If not, I'll buy a round for the house.. I love Spring!!

Hello Callenish, things are about the same, but I have a new lawyer now.. :) let the fighting begin!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

more info please, matey.. you seem a bit invisible to us

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Anything worth doing mate is worth the effort to do it....

AND all the time to do it in!

Have a drink and welcome aboard :P

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

The end ? :P

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

No, I don't really disappear, I work a lot ( I drive truck, mostly) and don't have a lot of time on the computer.

Pauly caught a bullet

But it only hit his leg

And got him in the head

Coming down the mountain

Butthole Surfers,

PEPPER

I got interested in the period of 1600s-1700s era due to an interest in the broadsheets. I write and draw graphic novels (fancy comic books), and have done extensive research on printed and visual popular culture through human history.

Prior to studying broadsheets I had been unaware of the sheer scale of the things; a single printer producing a quarter-million chapbooks/broadsheets a year? Those are HUGE numbers. It pointed out that the Bible didn't keep printers in business; chapbooks and broadsheets did. And look at the

subject material: crime, romance, adventure, gossip, all the same stuff people buy and read now.

Digging deeper into the past of these items got me progressively more interested in the time period, and the only people that seem to really study the worldview of the mercantilism of the time are pyracy groups. English Civil War doesn't interest me at all; Rev War bores me; and even the 'pyrate' thing doesn't really turn me on, but the the so-called GAoP is very much a central hub around which the events of the time revolve.

It's pretty obvious that pyracy and smuggling put the colonies 'on the map', and formed them into what they were, far more than the stereotype of a bunch of dour Puritans trudging to church. The mercantilism of the time was worldwide in view and scope; these were globalists. They knew what they were doing, and they shrunk the world. And really the only living history groups that begin to recognize the importance, and the formative influence, of the events of this period, are GAoP.

I've not got involved with re-enacting mostly because I perceived it as more a Renfair type thing.

This I avoided due to health concerns, i.e. lute-strumming psuedo-Raphaelites make me sick.

Pauly caught a bullet

But it only hit his leg

And got him in the head

Coming down the mountain

Butthole Surfers,

PEPPER

My goodness! What a refreshingly alternative perspective!

I haven't been in pyrates long myself, but the vast majority of newcomers are in the "it sounds fun" category (myself included). You, my friend, are someone I would like to get to know better!

Perhaps a new topic thread on the subject, as time permits? I, for one, would be quite interested in the mercantile aspect ~

Lead on! :lol:

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

If ye are indeed our new resident expert in chapbooks an broadsheets, ye should post in twill. Kass an a few other merchants are resellin' reprints of period papers.

Ye could inspire some lively discussions, an shed more light on yer merchantile perspective. Many merchants (Pirates) o' their time hav used the printed word t' further their own ends.

Welcome, 'The Chapman!'