Guess the Item in the Picture Game

Caraccioli

Well! Apparently my Insects of the Moment thread was deleted last year! :huh: I'm tellin' ya'... it just ain't fair!

In lieu of posting there and in honor of the sad passing of a really idiotic thread (but it was my idiotic thread), here is the insect of the moment. Guess what it is.

butterfly_body.jpg

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Well! Apparently my Insects of the Moment thread was deleted last year!  :rolleyes: I'm tellin' ya'... it just ain't fair!

In lieu of posting there and in honor of the sad passing of a really idiotic post (but it was my idiotic post), here is the insect of the moment. Guess what it is.

butterfly_body.jpg

The upper section of a butterfly ~ head, thorax, legs, top of abdomen. Hmm.. I don't see the proboscis...guess he's not hungry.

*ppst* next time make the file name something less descriptive. :rolleyes: It's no fun playing when you give away the answer.

*edited to put random thoughts back in random thoughts*

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

*ppst* next time make the file name something less descriptive. :lol: It's no fun playing when you give away the answer.

Yah, I thought of that, but I had already posted it onto my site and was too lazy to change the name. I don't think most people would have thought to do what you did, though. (I just liked the idea that the "beautiful" butterflies are actually sort of creepy looking when you can't see their wings. :rolleyes: )

"Am I not?"

Ok, some of you should find this one easy (I hope). What is this?

A%20Bear%20or%20something.jpg

(Besides, "A Bear or something"?)

[Edit: Since I split this out or the Random Topics thread and made it into a game, I guess whomever guesses this item correctly (which does NOT have the name of the item in the picture in its title) should post the next picture of an item to be guessed. Like the movie game, please don't post a photo of an item until you've guessed the current item correctly. Otherwise the thread becomes a giant pain in the arse to follow.]

"Am I not?"

It's a class/team/scouting ring

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I didn't see a file name. Just knew what it was....

Well that would make it your turn, even though we weren't playing a game at that point. My current picture (which it surprises me that not one of you *huge* self-proclaimed Barbossa fans recognized) is Barbossa's ring.

Something I read on the net regarding the ring... (I read it on the internet, so it must be true!)

"Long story short, this particular ring [that Captain Jack wore in POTC:CotBP] had to be taken to a jeweler and molded, then reproduced for the stuntman (Tony Angelotti) to wear [in second unit shots] as well. They sold the stuntman's ring on E-bay a few years back. Funny thing is, Geoffry Rush then said "Hey -- why don't I get a ring too?" So the jeweler had to custom make make Barbossa's ring for him, while Jack's ring was just something Johnny had lying around."

Anyhow...take it away, PirateSSe!

"Am I not?"

Does it hold something... a lot of somethings?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

reminds me of a holder for Mass cards, or what are those cards called that Catholics bring to funerals (sorry mean no disrespect here) even if there are a ton of penguins on it? Hmm birthday card holder?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I have no idea, but nearly as creepy looking as the butterfly. The top thing looks like praying hands, which is where I suspect the Catholic guesses are coming from, but the overall object looks vaguely Middle-Eastern in design to me for some reason. And what is that white sack on the left hand side? It looks like a teabag or a cocoon or something. What an interesting object you've chosen! It does have a purpose outside of pure ornamentation (or 'Art'), right?

"Am I not?"

I think it be a casting used by ?jewelers? fer producing ahhh charm bracelet trinkets? The top left flake is indeed an inverted penguin as may be the others. The cone on the bottom be where molten metal is poured inta the mold. The stubby cutoff branches on the lower be penguins whats been removed. Wild guess. Next.

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

Something I would never own ! ;)

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I think it be a casting used by ?jewelers? fer producing ahhh charm bracelet trinkets? The top left flake is indeed an inverted penguin as may be the others. The cone on the bottom be where molten metal is poured inta the mold. The stubby cutoff branches on the lower be penguins whats been removed. Wild guess. Next.

We have a winner!

Yes, these are jewelry pieces that have not been cut away from their sprues, the term for the "stem" that connects the items to the mold.

So, do you have a picture we can guess at?