Pyracy Pub Statistics Project Poll

Mission

I need your help! I'm taking a Statistics Class and we have to do a project that involves collecting statistical data. I need to get 30 unique responses and I thought this would be an interesting place to do it.

Because a lot of the members here tend to stick to certain forums, I'm posting this in several of them (Beyond Pyracy, Captain Twill, Pirate Crews - Pyrates of Europe and Pirate Popto get the needed number of responses. Please only respond once and please answer them all if you decide to respond. (I'll post the results on my website with a link to them here.) Thanks for your help! ~Mission

Pyracy Pub Poll Questions

a. How re-enactment opportunities did you have in 2006 (pirate and non-pirate)?

b. How many different pirate or pirate-related characters do you portray?

c. Were your pirate or pirate-related characters based more on historic or movie/fantasy figures?

d. Do you sail or work in a sea-related field or do you re-enact purely for escapism?

My answers would be:

a. 0

b. 1

c. historic

d. escapism

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

1 = 9

2 = 1

3 = historic

4 = escapism

barbadossambanner0zj.jpg

"There be the chest, inside be the gold, we took them all. Spent them and traded them. We frittered them away on drink and food and pleasurable company. The more we gave them away, the more we came to realize... the drink would not satisfy, food turned to ash in our mouths, and all the pleasurable company in the world could not slake our lust. We are cursed men....Compelled by greed we were, and now we are consumed by it."

1-0

2-1

3-fantasy

4-escapism

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Thanks to everyone who responded! I only need 6 more responses to this for my project, so I'm bumping this up hoping 6 more brave souls will volunteer. Thanks!

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

a. 7

b. Same character each time...

c. Fantasy (Funny concept actually: I stick out like a sore thumb; I'm the only pirate on a 16th century battlefield. So in a clash of armor, shields, and large swords you'll see a rough frock coat and a cutlass. Aye I be representing :rolleyes: )

d. A bit of both, I mostly re-enact for escapism. PM me if you need me to clarify.