New Pirate Era pattern

kass

Just finishing up the GAoP line. The Accessories pattern is finally available. It includes everything you need to make any GAoP outfit complete: hats and caps, shirts and shifts, petticotes, aprons, hairstyles, neckwear...

GAoPAccessoriescover.gif

Here's the link:

http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/index...1&q=1&p=148&r=Y

If you don't like ordering through the website, email or call me (number's on the website). We take PayPal, money orders and checks in US in addition to credit cards.

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Kass, Kass, Kass...

I'm ready to buy, but you have enough choices now that I am quite torn between the 1680's Sleeved Waistcoat, the 1720's Frock Coat and the Men's Brandenburg. I also need the slops, accessories, waistcoats and the Lady's Riding Outfit for my wife.

Do you swing any special deals if we buy alot of patterns at once?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

Well...where do I start.

I recently purchased five patterns from kass, including the 1700's Frock Coat, the 1670s - 1720s Lady' Riding & Hunting Outfit, the 1700s - 1730s Sleeved and Sleeveless Waistcoats, the 1680s-1730s Breaches and Sailor's Slops and the Late 17th/early 18th Century Accessories for Men and Women.

First, let me say how pleased I am to have so many patterns at once. It makes me a little giddy. I now want to make everything at once, but I must exercise control.

Second, the patterns look great. They are printed on large format paper and arrived in a large enough format, even while folded, to be filed easily in any filing cabinet. The instructions, both in the patterns and online, are concise and well written.

I expect to be a proper dandy of a gentleman scoundrel come November.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I've gotten quite a few patterns as well... I think I am at about 8 patterns now between myself and my girlfriend.....

But on topic for this thread, I just finished hand sewing a shirt from this pattern package. It looks great, based on a suggestion within the notes, I made my shirt from two similar but different fabrics (off white linen, and ivory linen) to give the shirt more of a feel of being the clothing of a man of modest means.

I also used the fabric buttons as described and discussed in this thread...

Shirt Closures Thread

And also illustrated at the bottom of this web page....

Recreating 16th and 17th century clothing web site

I'm currently alternating between working on the button holes of the riding outfit for my girlfriend, and an unlined slop contract style waistcoat for myself (I'm going with different colour and material, mushroom grey slightly/subtley fulled twill wool).....

Michael_banner.jpg

And also illustrated at the bottom of this web page....

Recreating 16th and 17th century clothing web site

Wow! Glad to see that those are period buttons, I have a couple of shirts I got on eBay several years ago from the much hated movie Cutthroat Island. It has woven buttons almost exactly like those shown. I always thought they were really cool but it's good to know that they are accurate as well.

Over the weekend at the Escondido event, I wore my hunting coat I made from the Lady's Hunting/Riding coat pattern, and lots of people were just ooohing and an aaahing, and I told them to go to your site for the patterns and others. So hopefully you'll have some more business coming your way.

HuntingCoatfront.jpg

this picture is from last year's Ojai