Hat Pins

Blackbead

Ahoy there, mates! I be lookin' for makers of hat pins. Specific-like, one that be a skull with crossed bones on a heart shaped backing. Anyone spy something like that . . . lately . . . eh?

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

I have been wanting to make hat pins but find it difficult to find the long pins that are just stock. Hmmm I just found a website that has them...you can make your own really. You just need to find the hat pins that are basic and find a bead that is heart shaped and then with industrial glue - glue on to a finding that has the skull and crossbones.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Ahhh, I be thankin' ye, ma'am, to be sure.

I know I've seen these and they are all of a piece, soldered together, ye might say. I'm looking for more plunder to have in me booth at PyrateCon and I figure some nice pewtwe hat pins would go well. I might take ye up on makin' some of me own, though!

Gor'bless ya, ma'am, gor'bless ya!

Blackbead

Blackbeard,

Yes they should be really really easy. As long as you find the straight pins (6" they come with closure tips). I have seen plenty of craft vendors make these and sell these for a pretty farthing. I always pick them up and study them and there is nothing to them. The hat pin should be a true pin with the head, so that stops the first starter bead or large bead...then pile on your other beads or accent piece, then they secure with a crimping bead. Ta da done! So simple and they usually always charge around 12 to 15 to 17 buckaroonies depending on the beads they used. Hope this helps. I need to buy a pkg of those pins as well. I already have crimping beads. If you need more info let me know good sir. Have fun desiging and making them, perhaps some could be to the customer's liking on the spot? Just an idea, peeps love customizing.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

I make hat pins and sell them for $5.00 each. (Yes the long ones)

I have some that have a plastic skull, but nothing like you are wanting.

If you are interested, PM me and I'll take a picture of all I have and send them out to interested people.

M'Lady Alyx, I thanks 'ee! What I was looking for was the pewter-based flat, medallion or shaped pins. Check out me website for a few that I've found that are only pewter. I want something more colorful, howver, and ye might have give me exactly the idee! I know where to finds them long pins . . . and I'm not talking about under the barmaid's petticoats! I think I'll try to put a few together before I head out for New Orleans. Next time ye see me in me pirate's market, come take a look and I'll be given ye a very SPECIAL deal for giving me the idee!

Blackbead