Fort Frederick Market Fair, 2007

blackjohn

• 3 weeks later...

I've only been out on Saturdays in the past. Are all the sutlers set up on Thursday and Friday as well? Can't go Saturday this year, but am thinking of taking a number of our crew out on Thursday or Friday to help get them suited up in a more historical fashion.

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Buccaneer, Brigand, & Cutthroat

Plundering the Spanish Main Since 1701®

"Refuse that, 'n' ye've seen th' last o' me but musket balls."

• 5 weeks later...

I made out like a bandit at the market fair this year. Not only did I get a new set of buckles for my mostly wrong shoes, I picked up three calabashes for $5!!!

:lol:

Oh, I shouldn't forget I also picked up the most excellent pair of barely used and in every way perfect pair of 1680s shoes custom made by Sarah Juniper for the measly sum of $200!!! Dang! What a freakin' bargain!!!

:o:o:P:o:o

And Mrs Blackjohn purchased $200 worth of hand-painted delft tiles for the backsplash of the someday to be 18thC tavern. The theme of the tiles is Dutch tradesmen, circa 1700. They are amazing!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

would any of those tiles be worth scanning and posting in Twill for a looksee?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Wanted for market-place brigandry.... the pirate known as..... Black John!!

So let's see a pic of these shoes mate!!!

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

My lady and I went up on saturday and sunday. It was a good time and you definitely need two days to browse all those vendors and traders. I picked up a pair of slops and breeches from Fly Canoe and my lady picked up a fantastic little box for her little bottles, she's working on getting setting up an apothecary box of sorts. I also got a nice folding table that should work nicely at most encampment. Oh, and I picked up a nice little replica sea service musket. :huh::lol:

Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant