those who know their pyrate history

xtashersx

Do you know how the Spanish viewed the pirates who inhabited the West Indies during the 18th century, particually around 1717 after the proclamtion by the King of Great Brtitian that stated the surrender of said pyrates? I have to finish my essay but I cant figure out how the spanis viewed the pyrates

from my understanding, the proclamation was concerning the privateers,because they be having a letter of marque (sp?) they had to answer to the crown....and the King could order them to stand down....however, once they were in the sweet trade, most did not want to give up the lucrative plunder'n...and then turned to piracy at which point they would attack whatever ship was available....twas English or Spanish....at that point they were considered ordinary rogues, scoundels, outlaws and criminals....by all governments.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Mostly they viewed them through telescopes from a safe distance.

:ph34r:

:ph34r:

And as often...up close and personal........darlin...what do ye think of the nail polish work? nice and even? not flooding the cuticles? a bit of top coat and quick dry......or a little glitter......?

except (as usual) those governmental individuals or institutions who were profiting from them.......