Armour Class

Has anyone had any communication with Armour Class (Scotland) in the last month or so? I ordered a sword back on November 10th and they charged my credit card for the deposit. I asked via email for status on February 14th, February 24th, and March 4th. All three requests have gone unanswered. Anyone heard from them lately? TIA.

The Dread Pyrate MacAnselan

aka Mick

I haven't dealt with directly in a long time.... But know many people that have dealt with them over the last few years... All say the same thing, it takes forever to get your sword (I have heard that 6 months is the recent average for North American deliveries from Armour Class), but anyone I have spoken with all agree that they are usually reasonable about responding to emails....

Michael_banner.jpg

Don't sweat too much, Mick. Their standard delivery time is 18 weeks. Yup one-eight. If my math is decent, that means you'll be getting your sword really soon.

Also TORM is next weekend (16-18 March) and they always go to that. So it's likely that everyone is so busy with show prep that no one is responding to emails. They have quite a drive to come down from Scotland too.

I bet you'll hear from them the week of the 19th. If not, try again then.

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

• 3 weeks later...
Was this ever resolved? I am thinking of one of their swords myself and wondering if I should be rethinking?

Well, we're at just over 19 weeks since ordering and not a word in reply to my three emails. You might want to drop them a line to see if they reply before placing your order. In fact, I'd be very interested in knowing if they reply to you too!

aka Mick

• 2 weeks later...

Update... I finally got in contact with Iain at Armour Class. For some reason they had not been receiving my emails, even though I was not getting bouncebacks/failures on my end. The sword should be ready soon and I am quite relieved. Should have listed to Kass when she said not to sweat it!

aka Mick