POTC 3 Trailer...

Iron Bess

`Spider-Man' & `Pirates' show off on TV By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer

2 hours, 47 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Two of the summer's most anticipated movies signed on for small-screen appearances before their big-screen debuts.

An exclusive preview of "Spider-Man 3" aired during NBC's "Heroes" this week. A commercial also invited Spidey fans to catch more than seven minutes of never-before-seen film footage on the NBC Web site.

The trailer for "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" will make its worldwide debut during the "Dancing with the Stars" season premiere on March 19 — and simultaneously on popular shows in 61 other countries.

It's big-screen/small-screen synergy, said Mark Zoradi, president of Walt Disney Motion Picture Group, which will release "Pirates" in the United States on May 25.

"Broadcasters were anxious to get the trailer because they knew it would be supportive of driving viewership to their particular shows," he said, adding that unveiling the trailer during popular programs will allow it to reach "in excess of 200 million people."

"Dancing with the Stars" signed on instantly, he said.

"They loved the idea because they know how popular `Pirates of the Caribbean' is," he said. "When we pitched the premiere of the trailer with the premiere of `Dancing with the Stars,' it just made sense to them."

ABC, which airs "Dancing with the Stars," is owned by the Walt Disney Company.

Matching a big-screen hero with his small-screen counterparts was "a natural," said Valerie Van Galder, president of marketing for the Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group, which will release "Spider-Man 3" domestically on May 4.

"Spider-Man" and "Heroes" have similar themes, she said: ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances. Plus, she added, both the "Spider-Man" trailer and the "Heroes" episodes were "cliffhangers."

"It was a happy confluence of events," she said. "We had the perfect footage and they had the perfect opportunity."

Ted Frank, NBC's executive vice president of entertainment strategy and programs, called the partnership a "win-win."

"Heroes" posted some of its highest ratings of the season this week, he said: "It's a combination of the fact we had a big `Heroes' episode we had been building for weeks and the fact we had a big `Spider-Man' preview."

It's enough to make some people tune in just for the commercials.

___

On the Net:

http://movies.yahoo.com

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

...but I hate Dancing with the Stars. It would be more suitable during Lost, but that show airs around midnight these days so nobody would see it.

Disney should just give up on premeiring it on ABC and play it during American Idol. I personally hate that show, but I know everybody else and their pet monkey watches it...

"I like nachos. Mermaid nachos."

The Seabeaver - Official Website

Facebook

MySpace

Twitter

banner2.gif

...but I hate Dancing with the Stars. It would be more suitable during Lost, but that show airs around midnight these days so nobody would see it.

Disney should just give up on premeiring it on ABC and play it during American Idol. I personally hate that show, but I know everybody else and their pet monkey watches it...

A friend of mine LOVES that show

and he has a pet monkey (a REAL monkey)

they actually BOTH chain smoke cigarettes as they watch!

I actually watch him and the monkey FAR more than the show. A chain-smoking monkey is FAR more interesting, exciting, and excitable than American Idol.

I am NOT kidding!!!!!!!!!!

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

A chain-smoking monkey is FAR more interesting, exciting, and excitable than American Idol.

I am NOT kidding!!!!!!!!!!

It's gonna be a DEAD monkey sooner then later..... :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Looks like the Mouse is pulling out all the stops for this one.

They've created quite a bit of hoopla just waiting to show the trailer for so long. Many rumors were going around that maybe the film had been delayed. :lol:

I think it was a smarter move than airing it during the Superbowl like last year.

And now with the Ultimate Fan event contest it should create a bit of hub-bub.

I believe we will have somewhere around 50 pirates in gear at the event on top of us that are performing.

Disney even approved having "Capt'n Jack Spareribs" perform. :lol:

Many rumors were going around that maybe the film had been delayed. :lol:

Not that anyone here knows of....

Seems everything is right on schedule.

(chuckle) In fact they are filming a Wal-Mart commercial this Friday up on top of our Zorro parking structure with the Monkey. :lol:

Now you gotta love that!! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I actually like Dancing with the Stars if I can remember what channel and what time... :lol:

The ABC Television Network announces the return of hit series Dancing with the Stars, with a two-hour premiere on Monday, March 19 (8:00 - 10:00 p.m., ET).

I don't care for American Idol....what idol..they don't represent an american idol to me. They should re-name that show "Latest Pop Trend"

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

It's on YOUTUBE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG IT'S FANTASTIC...it's in Russian but who the hell cares!!!!!!!!!!

JACK IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPIE!!!!!!

Yeah, I saw that too, it looks totally awesome! But instead I'll say, "BARBOSSA IS BACK!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!" :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Can't wait to see it tomorrow, in English this time, lol! :ph34r:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

I just got back from the POTC: AWE event and got to see the trailer three times!

It's terrific - the third movie is going to be GREAT! I'm just wondering how they got that ship to sail in the desert...

(Waving hand above her head...)

Oo! Ooo!! I know!!! I know!!!!

Oh wait..... never mind. Can't say.

Yet. :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Yeah, I caught the rusky version as well. I should forward it to my russian co-worker he would love it. It's hard to tell what is going on still from that trailer. But it may help to see it tonight on a larger clear basis. Just glad to have another pirate film to watch! Husssah! Glad to see a lot of familiar faces back as well. Can't wait to check out Davy Jones and Bootstrap Bill, and of course Jack! And just one more thing to add...Orlando looked kinda sexy with his headscarf on!

Bess is the Russian one the same we will see tonight and in theatres?

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

WOW!!!

OK... mind has just been blown away!

Bess... I SO believe you about this film! The trailer was incredibly awesome! Or should I say ... as it's being labeled now... AWE-some!!! :lol:

Will be drowning in the trailer and will be looking forward to seeing the movie Memorial Weekend.

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Well, I made it to the Ultimate Fan Event in Phoenix. Never under-estimate a pirate looking for treasure. It was fun, it was exciting, it ran really late into the night. However, let us add a twist...Only ONE trailer. come now disney.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Yup, as I expected, it was of course better to see it in English. Awesome to watch again, even tho I watched the Russian one quite a few times, lol! :ph34r:

This movie will blow away Spider Man 3! Spidey doesn't stand a chance!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Aye... an' amen, Christine!

Especially to see ol' Barbossa back in action... can't wait!

And more characters to introduce.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I just got back from the POTC: AWE event and got to see the trailer three times!

It's terrific - the third movie is going to be GREAT!  I'm just wondering how they got that ship to sail in the desert...

(Waving hand above her head...)

Oo! Ooo!! I know!!! I know!!!!

Oh wait..... never mind. Can't say.

Yet. :ph34r:

HEHEHE!

I know too. But not sayin'

:ph34r:

I've also learn some other REALLY juicy things. Oh man I can't wait.