Pirate Brethren at Elk Landing, MD

blackjohn

The Pirate Brethren will be hosting a Pirate Camp and battle at Elk Landing, Maryland, on June 2, 2007. If you are a reenactor interested in attending please contact me via email.

Here's a quick low down on the site.

Ahoy! First let me say that I think pirates at Elk Landing whould be pretty cool. It is a great site for reenacting and there is some accesss to the water if you have boats. www.elklanding.org has a great deal of information about the site, but here is a quick idea of what's there.

Elk Landing is situated at the confluence of the Little Elk Creek and Big Elk Creek, by land 1/4 south of US route 40 at the end of Landing Lane in Elkton. The site covers 80+ acres, half of which are under cultivation. There are two houses, two sheds, a dilapidated grainery and a stone barn foundation on the site. One of the houses is just a shell at this time, awaiting restoration. Much of the usable space (20+ acres) is open fields which are kept mowed in season and there are 10+ acres of woods bordering the Big Elk Creek. We have a small earthen redoubt which we use for re-enactments.

It is located in the north eastern corner of Maryland, close to PA and DE. Not too far from major highways. Plenty of camping space available, etc.

And yes... this conflicts with Hampton BB Fest, I know. Sorry, but I had no other choice.

Hope to see you there.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.