Anne Rice Books for sale

Rumba Rue

I have the following Anne Rice books for sale, all are harbound, virtually brand new.

1. Interview with a Vampire

2. The Vampire Lestat

3. Memmock the Devil

4. Queen of the Dammed

5. The Tale of the Body Thief

6. Cry to Heaven

and in paperback, The Vampire Armand

The hardback books sell for $25.00 , I'm willing to let them go for 15.00 each, or as a group for $100.00, plus shipping (which will be hefty), unless you can come pick them up from me.

I'll throw in the paperback one for free, if you buy all the harbacks, otherwise the paperback one is $1.00.

Anyone interested, please send me an email.

Thanks,

RumbaRue

**I'd rather be training cabin boys** <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Rumba Rue: upon checking my finances, it looks as though I won't be able to make the purchase after all: all me few discretionary doubloons are earmarked for nautical garb, and, maybe eventually, a flintlock purchase!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

RumbaRue:

Just as a bit of personal trivia: I went to the same high school as Anne Rice. She was class of '59, I was class of '65. I used to date one of her younger sisters. In '67 I visited that sister in San Francisco and we were going to visit Anne over in Berkeley, but never got around to it. So I missed my chance to meet her back when she was just Mrs. Stan Rice, before she became queen of the vampires.

She's an interesting writer. I just happen by chance to catch her on 'The View' a week or so back (I don't watch the show, was flipping channels when I came across it). She seems like an interesting person.

Though, I've never read anything like her stuff elsewhere. I mean let's face it, she's the only person I know of who can spend two or more pages describing a flower. LOL!

RumbaRue

** :unsure: **

Which one of the O'Brien girls did ye date, John?

An older sister is an accomplished writer in her own right (bad pun, but unintentional), and an other sister used to live up the street from me.

Stan, unfortunately and untimely, passed away last December due to a brain tumor.

Capt. William

:ph34r:

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Capnwilliam:

It was Tamara, the third sister. I met Alice, the eldest, at a science fiction convention a few years ago. We work with the same editor at Berkeley/Ace. The fourth, Karen, I've never met. The school was Richardson High School, in Richardson, Texas. Getting on 40 years ago now, hard as it is to believe. Anne and Stan worked on the school paper, as did Tamara. She now lives out in the SF Bay area and has published some books of poetry. Haven't seen her since 1971, more's the pity.