My Pirate Themed Living Room

Caraccioli

I've been rambling on and off about my pirate themed living room and I am now finished enough to put it up on my webpage and focus on something else (like the kitchen). The only part not completed is POTC model diorama using the old 70s MPC models. No rush on that one, though.

You can see (reams and reams and reams) of material on it here.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Very nice, and I agree, it is understated but if one looks at the detail, the theme becomes pleasantly obvious.

I was about to ask if you were going to get a ships wheel, and noticed one of the lamps (Neat!). I like the "candle" one too. My parents had a lamp from the 70's that looked like a lantern (dark stained glass and metal with a wrought iron finish) with three "candles" in the middle. Unfortunately it met its demise being used in one of our Haunted Mansion (basement) mock ups for Halloween. After someone set off an M-80, the crowd scattered and someone knocked the lamp over as they ran out.

Have you thought of any other items of modest size that might find their way onto the shelves? An hourglass or compass perhaps? (just tossing out ideas)

Also...kudos on the chest from Hobby Lobby. I purchased an octagonal shaped one there during their half off sale.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Auwsome !

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Hmmmm I would have expected a Treasure chest at least... :lol:

Well, I did explain the whole treasure chest thing near the bottom of the shelves page. The pirates probably rarely (if ever) had those curved top treasure chests from my research. They were more likely to have used regular footlocker-style boxes that were more common during the period.

However, the real reason there isn't a full-sized chest is that there was no place to put it. It wouldn't fit. (The little brown one is pretty cool, though.)

Thanks for the compliments! I have been working on and off on that room for over a year now. Hand finishing a floor and moldings is WORK.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

VERY nicely done!

Looks lovely. Themed but sedate.

Sucker them in..... give them their ease when they arrive, then.... :lol:

(chuckle) I like it!! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Really sharply done - Love the entertainment center, the attention to detail, and, well, the undead monkey just takes the cake! Very British South Seas looking.

Fabulous job, all without compromising potential resale - not as easy as it sounds!

Kudos to you :)

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!