pets at PiP ??

anyone bring their dog to PiP ?? are pets even allowed ???

the main reason i am asking is because i don't think our new dog would fair well at a local kennel hotel for a few weeks.

we ended up with her because she was "unadoptable" at the local humane society. she tore up 2 or 3 cages (don't remember the total) , acted nuts, and nobody who saw that wanted her.... hence, she was to be put to sleep. ...can't spell euthenized (sp.?)

since then she has settled down nicely....we just have to make sure she gets some excersize..... loves playing fetch !! , give her some love, and all is grand....

but, i don't think she would do well in a more restrained enviroment...

anyone with pets to PiP experience to share ???

Not sure if this helps you or not but I found this in the Florida State Parks Website. You might want to contact Fort Taylor to see what their guidlines and policies are.

Last year was my first at PIP. I don't recall seeing any pets there.

Lily

Domestic Animals

Pets are permitted in designated day-use areas at ALL Florida State Parks. They must be kept on a hand-held leash that is six-feet or shorter and be well-behaved at all times. Pet owners are required to pick up after their pets and properly dispose of their droppings. Pets are not permitted on beaches or playgrounds, or in bathing areas, cabins, park buildings, or concession facilities. Within individual parks, specific areas also may be designated as non-pet areas.

Service animals are welcome in all areas of Florida State Parks.

Pet Camping Rules

For everyone's enjoyment, including pets, please observe the following pet camping rules.

Pets must be vaccinated against rabies, but owners are no longer required to show proof of vaccination (except horses- where proof of negative Coggins test are required)

Pets must be confined, leashed, or otherwise under the physical control of a person at all times. Leashes may not exceed six feet in length. Pets that are tethered at the campsite cannot be left unattended for more than 30 minutes. Pets may not be tied to trees, bushes, tables, shelter facilities even when the owners are present.

Pets must be well-behaved at all times. Pets must be confined in the owner's camping unit during the park's quiet hours (11 PM - 8 AM).

Pet owners are required to pick up after their pets and properly dispose of all pet droppings in trash receptacles.

Any pet that is noisy, dangerous, intimidating, or destructive will not be allowed to remain in the park.

Non-furbearing pets, such as reptiles, birds, or fish, must be confined or under the physical control of the owner. Some animals may be prohibited on park property. Captive wild species, whether native or non-native, and barnyard animals, except horses, are prohibited.

Pets are not allowed in cabins.

Failure to abide by these rules may result in the camper being asked to board the pet outside the park or to check out of the campground.

Park areas will be evaluated, as to the suitability of pets, on a periodic basis as part of the unit management planning process. Areas of the park designated as prohibited for pets shall be determined based on park natural and cultural resources, primary recreational activities, camper and pet health and safety, geographical location and layout of camping areas, and the ability to provide a quality recreational experience for all visitors.

Florida State Parks are managed to restore and maintain a delicate ecological balance between native Florida species. Non-native plants and animals often upset that balance. The growing list of non-native animals that harm native wildlife unfortunately includes free-ranging domestic cats. Recognizing that this is a matter of growing concern throughout the state, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission has embarked on an education campaign in support of the national Cats Indoors! movement. Their website also provides excellent information about native wildlife and the impacts of domestic animals.

FWC's Cats Indoors! Education Campaign

When the Heat is on...

Keep cool. Summer brings hot weather and family vacations. Your pets will be affected by both. For a healthier; happier travels with your pets:Never leave your pets in a parked car, even if the windows are open. Ten minutes could be too long on a hot day. By then, the temperature inside the car could reach 160 degrees F. That's hot enough to cause a dog to suffer heat stroke.Pets don't perspire as people do. They cool themselves by panting. With only very hot air to breathe, your pets could suffer permanent brain damage within moments. If emergency care is not given, your pets could die. They may want to come along, but it's much kinder to leave your pets at home with plenty of fresh, cool water and shade.

If your dog is overcome by heat exhaustion, immediately soak him or her down with water and take to a veterinarian as soon as possible.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Last year, a Canadian couple and their grandchildren spent the better part of the day hanging around our camp. They had their dog with them at the beach but they didn't spend the night at the Fort.

The one time he did let the dog off the leash it only took the park rangers a few minutes to show up and tell him to tie the dog up, even though it hardly left his side.

The Fort normaly doesn't have overnight camping so I don't really know what rules would apply there.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Any loose pet would be a potential meal, I should think. Danged pirates get hungry in the tepid heat. They were looking at one of our powder monkeys like they were visualizing him on a spit over an open fire yonder.

-- Hurricane

In all seriousness, Harry's the one to ask. Find one of his posts and email him or go through the fort's site. He's the man on all issues related to the fort and PiP.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com