Happy Valentines Day

Fox

February 14th 1684

"We were choosing valentines and discoursing on the intrigues of women when there arose a prodigious storm so that we concluded the discoursing of women at sea was very unlucky and occasioned the storm"

From the journal of buccaneer Ambrose Cowley. :ph34r:

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Mmm That's a tough one, valentine or death?...valentine or death? I'll have to think about that one. Both have a way of hurting a man's constitution. One can't be to hasty about something like that.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

• 3 years later...

Ah, a timely topic. I found it a bit differently (although essentially the same and even more amusing):

"Then haling away S.W. we came abreast with Cape Horn the 14th Day of February, where we chusing of Valentines, and discoursing of the Intrigues of Women, there arose a prodigious Storm, which did continue till the last day of the Month, driving us into the lat. of 60 deg. and 30 min. South, which is further than ever any Ship hat sailed before South; so that we concluded the discoursing of Women at Sea was very unlucky, and occasioned the Storm." (Crowley, p. 6-7)

Interesting that the holiday was even thought to be observed shipboard.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Mission - "Thread Necromancer Extraordinaire"

It's part of my charm. :rolleyes: (It's called rejuvenating, not necromancing!)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

ayyyyyyyy...valentines causes quite a few storms even this century!!LOL....

actually in all fairness to men, there is a rare holiday on march 29th i believe....

it is truly a mans holy day.. i mean holiday....

steak and BJ day.........{ do i need type the latin/ medical term fellat_ _ }

of course, being pirates, i say it is a monthly thing... just assign any random day you desire to make your beloved's day........ :blink:

lady constance { there is a reason for my no longer being just an indentured slave, but a" lady" now!

Who is up for valentines or death? :angry:

Crowley is up for death.

"...on Feb. 14. in this Year [1686], there came News from Japara to the City of Batavia, that the Javans had fallen upon a Party of the Hollanders, and had killed 80 of their Number, the chief of whom were Francis van Tack and Jerimiah Van Fleet, who (as an Addition it seems to the other Provocations) being sent by the general of Batavia to fetch 500000 Rix Dollars..." (Crowley, p. 27)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Women aboard ship be Bad Luck....I'm go'n sea till it all blows over, hold me mail! (uh, we still call it 'mail', right? :angry: )

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

actually in all fairness to men, there is a rare holiday on march 29th i believe....

it is truly a mans holy day.. i mean holiday....

steak and BJ day.........{ do i need type the latin/ medical term fellat_ _ }

of course, being pirates, i say it is a monthly thing... just assign any random day you desire to make your beloved's day........ :angry:

Actually there seems to be some confusion regarding the proper day of the aformentioned holiday.

March 14, March 20, and March 29 all seem to have testimony.

http://www.anitarowland.com/gmarchives/00000885.html

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

'Steak-and-a-BJ-day'? My, that's a bit of a mouthful!

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Aye, 'n Jamaica Rose just tells us that those go'n t' LORE what naught have a DDs can hang around after th' rum tasting

'n if there be enough t' go 'round we can trade them them in for a DDs.

Steak and BJ with a DDs!!! Now THAT's a mouthful all 'round for Valentines Day! :rolleyes:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 2 weeks later...

ahh, who needs a reason for the aformentioned steak and bj, pick a day, pick a cut o meat,both varites and have a go....I still hate the annual crap of feb 14th so i like the march dates......interesting why have one day take all three..

So happy valentines late and here is to whaever pleasures take yer pyrating fancies til next year.

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string