Live from PiP

Greetins' mates,

I be shipwrecked on Cayo Hueso as well. Pyrates a plottin' every where I turn. A good looking, but shady lot. Foul weather Friday afternoon chasin' the townsfolk away. A goodly Southeast wind on Saturday brought better weather. The fort, though well defended, fell to the rogues on this day. I know not what happened to the garrison once the colors were struck. Me thinks they were not granted quarter. Townsfolk were millin' about the fort today in good numbers. No grog to be had but fine wares and hearty food was to be found in sufficient quantity.

((A new forum member here. Having a blast so far. My fifth PiP so far and though not as big as events in the past, the enthuiasm seems to be running high. Got a chance to meet a few folks from the forums today. Thanks to Patrick Hand for discussing his journal with me and special thanks to Bawdie Bee for allowing me to fire her pistol during the attack -- she must have been feeling quite sorry for me since my own pistol was delayed in shipping. I'm staying at Southernmost hotel but the encampment seems to be the place to be. Oh well, maybe next year. Looking forward to another day at Fort Taylor. Managed to take quite a few pics so far. I'll try to post some of them when I get back home to my desktop. That's all for now))

Regards,

Blackwarden B)

I vist this thread daily with great anticipation of pictures and stories mixed with great sadness. The first , because I love pictures of events I cannot attend, but second, because I am not there.

I am determined to fly a Watch Dog ensign over a crew encampment next year. Key West in 2007.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I'm staying at Southernmost hotel but the encampment seems to be the place to be. Oh well, maybe next year. Looking forward to another day at Fort Taylor. Managed to take quite a few pics so far. I'll try to post some of them when I get back home to my desktop. That's all for now))

Regards,

Blackwarden[/color] :lol:

not sure if its the same hotel, but watch out for ants, don't leave anything sugary in the room not in a plastic bag.. the bathrooms are viewable to others across the courtyard. I moved a towel over the drapes and found out someone was watching me shower.. heard clapping so I guess it was ok.. and also the pool and hot tub are on a live webcam 24-7.. the Garden of Eden cluib is clothing optional.. The Christmas parade is wonderful but you get hot by the end unless you take off some clothes, like the heavy coat.. food is terribly expensive but you can buy bread and meat at the Winn-dixie with a member card cheaper and that is free to get.. Dennys serves beer.. the $ menu at Wendys has one item on it... the sunsets are fantabulous and the people incredible.. conch fritters are ok but the soup is awesome.. mojitos= good, mojitos bought by friendly drunk lesbians= very good!.. stuff gets stolen often, don't leave stuff out you want to keep.. chickens are the city bird and they roam free.. the population is about 1/3 gay-deal with it and move on...

have a great time and TAKE PICTURES!!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Well I am live but unfortunately I am not at the fort any longer. :lol:

It was an absolute BLAST there. We missed so many of you.

Photos are forthcoming ...unfortunately I dropped my camera the first evening and I have few of my own shots. Fortunately there was a very fine pirate there who happens to shoot very well and shot over 5000 pictures ...nary every one an direct hit. You will soon know the name of Callahan, notorious pirate! Someone will soon post a link, or several links to these grand images! He and his wife even set up a slide show for the fort at the closing party at the fort (Where were you and your crew that night Amanjiria?)

ORRRRRR ...we could simply tell you that if you were not there then you must wait until next year at the fort to see the images! Mwahahahaha!

We tried to post again the next night but the Pub wasn't available. :lol:

Special thanks to m'mates:

:) Patrick Hand, for playing pack mule on the way into the fort on Wednesday night and for helping me get m'leanto set up.

:) Capn' Jim for supplying me with black powder and training me in the use fo m'pistol. WOOT! ...such fun and by the final battle if was taking me MUCH less time to load! Now that truly was a blast! Additionally thanks to Jim for getting us to the Greyhound.

:) Rusty Wild Rice, for being just so darn good looking! ;)

These three lads made the weekend for me. Knowledgable, understanding, kind, giving a wonderful crew we made! ...! ...errr, wait ...let me rephrase that in a more acceptable manner.

"Those scallywags were the most loathsome lot I've ever met!" :huh::huh::huh:

Details? I'll post again later with all I can journal.

You asked for pictures.... here they come...some of them at least...

Here are some shots of our crewe out on the Schooner Wolf for the Walk the Plank Championship

pip06-29.jpg

pip06-28.jpg

pip06-4.jpg

pip06-5.jpg

pip06-6.jpg

A good shot of some Rad Coats making their way across the grounds at the fort.

pip06-27.jpg

Then Friday afternoon it started raining and what better to do than play music!

pip06-8.jpg

pip06-7.jpg

Onto the Saturday morning and the trial of Anne Bonny and Mary Read

an hour before the trail Bawdy Be(as Anne) and yours truly(as Mary) were captured and dragged through the streets of Key West

pip06-12.jpg

pip06-13.jpg

More to come.....

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Eventually Anne and I are brought in and stuck in jail inside the fort walls...

pip06-14.jpg

Our crewe, being the great men they are, try all sorts of ways to get us out... in the first two, Hurricane is lowering a net for Crispy to use to try and wrap up the guards...then when the guards are distracted.... Crispy tries to pry the lock open with a sword.

pip06-15.jpg

pip06-16.jpg

pip06-17.jpg

under the category of 'proper and period' photos...here are a few sketches.... Don Maitz sketched me as Mary Read in jail

pip06-25.jpg

and this is the sketch Janny Wurtz did of the trial...so I have the husband wife set!! How cool is that!!

pip06-26.jpg

There are other photos, but they have not been uploaded yet.....

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Alright shipmates, lets move all of this over to the "After Action Report PiP 2006" thread started by GoF so we can keep it all together.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

• 2 weeks later...

java script:emoticon(' B) ')

Had a great time at PIP. I was traveling in South Florida after and then had an Outward Bound Seamanship training out of Key Largo. Only now do I have time to post. There are lots of pictures on my website from the event. Check them out.

Capt. Rusty

http://web.mac.com/captrustywildrice/